PDA

View Full Version : Three new commercials Featuring FP+, MM+, and Memory Maker+

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Just saw the new commercials for the new system. They are really good and feature a family who has experienced the "Magic" and try to bring it home. Although Memory Maker takes place while they are in the "World". I was wondering when these commercials were going to come out. You can check them out on YouTube.

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 03:52 PM
They have also posted the FP+ commercial on their official facebook page opening it up to comments from the public about FP+ for the first time.

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
They have also posted the FP+ commercial on their official facebook page opening it up to comments from the public about FP+ for the first time.

Oh dear, oh dear... looks like based on MANY (almost all it seems) Disney has royally ticked off lots of people.... Oh boy, oh boy... Who didn't see THAT coming? :)

I'll sit back and watch as Disney ruins its rep with its fans as I go enjoy new, fresh offerings elsewhere...

PirateLover
01-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Am I the only one slightly put off by the Fastpass+ commercial? I know it's supposed to be funny, but it just has such an all-about-me, instant gratification theme to it (I'm gonna go ahead and lock in my A, lock in my promotion etc when you've done nothing yet to earn it). I dunno, just didn't sit right with me.

1DisneyNut
01-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Wow! They are really getting beat up over FP+ on their Facebook page. lol

Not that its a real big surprise though.

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't know. Only 767 comments so far and not all are negative and 6,765 likes. More likes and positive comments than dislikes. Disney may look at this a different way.

MrPeetrie
01-23-2014, 04:23 AM
I saw the commercials and thought they were cute. Maybe it's the PR working, but I'm starting to feel less animosity toward FastPass+ and actually feeling somewhat excited about "locking in" my ride times for next trip.

Ian
01-23-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't care for them. I agree with Maryanne.

BrerGnat
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah, that FP+ one is really off putting. I admit the Magic Band one made me laugh. But what is up with the horrible acting by that "family." Wow...just bad.

Gator
01-24-2014, 03:26 PM
This is something that we in marketing call "first responders" or putting out a fire in layman's terms. This advertising is in direct response to the hate and vitriol toward this new system. Accentuate the positive to help the masses forget the negative.

Tekneek
01-24-2014, 04:55 PM
The truth is that most people will love it, like they seem to love higher prices, fewer parades, fewer attractions, less park hours, etc.

mickclub1955
01-24-2014, 05:18 PM
The truth is that most people will love it, like they seem to love higher prices, fewer parades, fewer attractions, less park hours, etc.

That is because most of the people are first time visitors and don't know any better. Yeah they may have went when their parents took them when they were little and now they are taking their kids to see Mickey for the first time. The only ones with the biggest complaints are the frequent visitors. Disney is trying to make their vacations seem like it is something exclusive. Lock in your attractions. This adds value thus people are willing to pay higher prices. We know that half of what they have to lock in to are older attractions that really don't need locking down. They even want you to lock down fireworks, illuminations, fantasmic and parades. Those first timers don't know any better and that is who Disney is going after.

AndrewJackson
01-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Not sure if the ads were a response to the negativity on boards, or just part of the marketing plan for their new investment.

I found the ads to be tacky. I didn't like them. The folks in the ad all seemed arrogant and sarcastic.

Altair
01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Notice how the kid only wanted to "lock in" three fish. :secret:

Tekneek
01-25-2014, 10:38 AM
I found the ads to be tacky. I didn't like them. The folks in the ad all seemed arrogant and sarcastic.

Marketing reveals what a company thinks of their customers. Think about that anytime you watch/read/listen to advertisements. It will give you a different perspective on all of these companies. They really think this stuff will appeal to you.

Melanie
01-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Oy. Awful! They should have to put all the disclaimers in quickly at the end like the drug commercials do. ;)

mickclub1955
01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Oy. Awful! They should have to put all the disclaimers in quickly at the end like the drug commercials do. ;)

:funny::funny::rotfl::rotfl:

joonyer
01-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Marketing reveals what a company thinks of their customers. Think about that anytime you watch/read/listen to advertisements. It will give you a different perspective on all of these companies. They really think this stuff will appeal to you.

Yep. They're selling it.
And we are buying it.

1DisneyNut
01-25-2014, 10:30 PM

So I guess Disney thinks we are all self centered, arrogant <snip>. :thedolls:

DizneyFreak2002
01-25-2014, 11:20 PM
So I guess Disney thinks we are all self centered, arrogant <snip>. :thedolls:

No... They think their fans are brain dead drones who will accept any piece of garbage they are fed... Sadly, Disney is right more times than not about that...