PDA

View Full Version : 4 days with Magic Bands/FP+

minnie04
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
We just got back for a long weekend. And I can tell you "don't knock it until you try it" I was very skeptical about the new "Magic Bands" & “FP+” system, but boy was I surprised how well they worked. My DS10 and I stayed at Coronado Springs for 2 nights then Caribbean Beach for 1 night extra that’s how much fun we were having. It was great we checked in online and when we got there, there was a little mix up with the reservation, but it was fixed in no time and we were ready for our bands. We were given the run down on how they work and we were on our way...right to the store to buy little things to add on them..lol We booked a few FP+ for Animal Kingdom at home through our tickets and headed over there. OK now on the FP+ OMG!!! I usually never use FP, but this was so easy to do we booked times, changed times etc. there is nothing like walking in the park knowing you ARE going to get on the ride of your choice and not have to wait an hour to do it. I give a lot of credit to the CM, they were on the ball about everything. They have an answer for everything you throw at them. And a positive attitude as well (at least all the ones we talked too). Some of the stores had IPads to help as well. I was very impressed. I was debating on extending my AP, but now with the convenience of this new system. I think I’m going to get them for one more year. The weather was perfect, the parks weren’t over crowded either. Which made everything run very smooth.
I didn't really understand that all the hotels were sold out Friday, but the whole trip was really quiet. Even when I called to rebook the last night everything was coming up sold out, but it was so empty feeling. If there were 15 people on the bus at one time it was too much. To think I almost didn’t go in fear of the crowds on a long weekend. My only question I didn’t get answered was how do I purchase the colored bands? :mickey:

Dulcee
01-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Glad it worked out for you. We found our experience with the bands to be very much the same!

mickclub1955
01-21-2014, 11:22 AM
We loved not having to run all over the park to get a fp. It was very convenient. Also loved not having to worry about forgetting my room key when going to get ice.;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Sounds fun, thanks for the report

justice11
01-22-2014, 11:49 AM
My oldest daughter, her son, his wife and three kids are at disney right now and they think it is fine using the magic bands. They are not real happy about the new cup system, but they are doing it. They think they are the same cups, we already have to many of them. I wonder if you can use them at the worlds? We have 48 days to go, I am so excited, except I was on the phone 3 times and for about 3 hours trying to get my youngest daughters and my fastpasses together. I also did not like that you cannot get a fastpass for soarin and test track on the same day. But it is fun anyways.:cloud9:

faline
01-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Glad you had a good time!!

vizsla
01-26-2014, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the report.