PDA

View Full Version : Dream Day in the Parks?

BayLaker25
01-21-2014, 08:17 AM
My brother-in-law (25), My wife (28) and myself (28) will be traveling to WDW :mickey: in May for 5 nights. We typically go to WDW every year but it's usually with a group of people or someone who hasn't been to the world in a while. Since it's just the three of us going this time I came up with an idea: Everyone gets to pick 1 day and do whatever they want and the other two people will have to do it with no complaints.

So my question to everyone else as well is:

If you had one day (kind of like a solo trip) and you could do whatever you want (and not have to worry about the other people in the group), what would you do.

1.) What Park would you choose? Would you just choose 1 Park or do a Half & Half?

2.) Where would you eat & would you have 1 sit down or more? Would you have a sit down at all? Which meals? Would you eat outside of the Parks? (EX: at Resort)

3.) What rides would you choose for FastPass+ (obviously based on Question 1)?

4.) Would you do something at the Park that you don't typically do (ex. a show, ride, site seeing)

5.) Would you be at the park a full day? (Rope Drop to Close)

Feel free to fill in any other ideas that you would have for your day.

I am not fully done planning what I want to do (it's kind of tough), once I finish I will post my answer as well. :mickey3: :tigger:

Ms. Mode
01-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Well, my DH and I went as a couples only for the first time in October 2012 and had a wonderful time...we planned NOTHING in advance. This past December we went with our DD ad SIL and every minute was planned; it was what we had normally done for family trips; we found that it was just to much for us.

So, I would take my "day" and say, "Ok, we will start out at MK and go where the mood takes us, eat what we feel like, etc. No plans for the day". You could end up doing things and see things you never noticed...even after countless trips.

Just a thought. :)

sassafras
01-21-2014, 10:41 AM
We have gone just as a couple several times in the last few years. We have friends that the wife carries a schedule of EVERYTHING they are going to do (rides, meals, etc.) right down to the time to be there. Not us! We used to get the dining plan where every meal seemed to have to be planned and we were stuffed. The last time we went (Aug.2103) we decided to wing it. The only reservation we had was for O'hana. It was nice not to have to be somewhere at a certain time every day. We don't plan our days either. Sometimes we have an idea of what we're going to do, but nothing set in stone. If it's one of those days where it seems like you're going to see 4 buses in a row for the same park and wait forever, we will just decide to hop the next bus no matter where it's going. Often that is the most enjoyable day of a trip! In August, we did things we had never done at DW since we started going in 1996. It was very relaxing and we had a blast!

NickD100
01-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I'd hit up Typhoon Lagoon about 11am and relax in the sun. Tanning team!!!! Maybe have lunch and a few frosty adult beverages, relax in the lazy river, do some slides, and the wave pool!!! I'd bring some extra clothes and some soap and sorts and take a shower there before heading out to Epcot for the evening about 4ish. I'd FastPass+ Soarin and Test Track, do circles in world showcase, and have dinner at Teppan Edo in Japan. Entertainment + Kirin + random strangers + good food + chop sticks = fun!!! I'd probably stay for the fireworks. And then call it a day. Or sneak out the back International Gateway and go to Jellyrolls/Atlantic Dance Hall at the boardwalk.

disney obsessed
01-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I always love this topic. While I am not a planner, I do have the perfect day. I am glad to say I have been lucky enough to do this several times. Additional rides as they are available. I usually will not wait in a line longer than 10 min. Staying at AKL.

Early bus to AK. Safari first thing then a walk along the trail and the trek.

Bus to HS. Need to ride RNR and ToT.

Catch the boat to the back entrance to Epcot. By now it is time for lunch. Something yummy and a Mickey Bar. Soarin, Finding Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Soarin again, World Showcase.

Catch the monorail to the TTC. Take the hotel line so that I can make a stop at all of the monorail resorts for some shopping.

Take a boat to MK. Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, pooh, TTA, Carousel of Progress and Buzz. Close down the park.

Rides are in no particular order, just must dos. Anything extra is a bonus.

Perfection.