PDA

View Full Version : Why I'll never be nervous at a WDW resort pool!

Pepefan
01-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Just had to share this observation from today....

We arrived at CBR this afternoon. It's our first time, so we immediately headed to the main pool with the waterslides and play area. Lifeguards were everywhere, of course. Not 10 minutes into our swim, whistles shriek and a lifeguard runs, jumps in and begins rescue. Turns out it was a hat and blanket that blew in, but it looked like a small child had fallen in. It was not even a second before that lifeguard was in!

20 minutes later, whistles shriek and a different lifeguard dives in and swims so fast I couldn't figure out what was happening. A boy went down the slide and was struggling to get to the wall. She was instant, sharp, and so good to the little boy! He was embarrassed, so she played it cool. Amazing work!

Both times, a supervisor was at the edge of the pool waiting when they got back to check on the lifeguard and follow up. In all my years of being a person who swims, I've never even seen one such professional performance by a lifeguard, much less two.

I know some CM's get a bad rap lately, and they likely deserve it. But these guys? They earned their money and my praise today!

Arielfan98
01-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Most Disney CMs are good. I think the lifeguards were more up to par because if they weren't they'd risk Disney a lawsuit and of course their job. I'm glad to hear such positive feedback :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks so much for this great feedback! I thinks its very nice to give credit where credit is due! :)

etibbetts
01-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I stayed at CBR in September and was also very impressed by their lifeguard staff. I only saw them have to jump in once to rescue a small child who was going under. I don't know where the parents of the child were, but they never came over to check on the child once the lifeguard pulled him out. Everyone applauded the lifeguard.

You could see how diligent they were watching the pool and swimmers. They do a great job!

#1donaldfan
01-21-2014, 01:27 PM
It's great to know they are truly watching and willing to dive in after us. Two years now at AKL I've noticed the lifeguards are on their game. Before that, we'd only swim at the POR quiet pool at building 18. :cool:

Pooh Fan
01-21-2014, 01:36 PM
I love seeing people take time to praise great service. Thanks for the post and thumbs up :thumbsup: to those life guards and all the others who are there keeping us and our kids safe.

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Considering the love most people on this site share for Disney it is ALWAYS nice to hear/read the good stuff!
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:
:tink:
Julie

Goofy4TheWorld
01-21-2014, 11:10 PM
This thread inspired me to finally post a story I had written months ago but never posted. I am a windbag when it comes to Intercot posts, so instead of hijacking this thread, if you are interested, see the link below:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=203245