PDA

View Full Version : Solo trip day 1

divinedi
01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately I almost want to go home! Very poor start to trip. Got up Sunday am around 8, worked from 11-6, came home had dinner with my family and left the dogs at my parents. Home to pack final stuff and nap! "I'm too excited to sleep"! Needless to say I've been up for 31 hours and counting.......I'm getting very tired lol. Plane was supposed to leave at 7:30 am, it is delayed until 5:10 pm! Ive been in this airport since 3:30 am! Was worried about the weather here in Detroit so I got here early. I did get an email from Spirit, about when I got here. To top it off there's a very obnoxious child here, mouthing off to his parents, whining the entire time. I get being disappointed, I was pretty ticked (mech issues they are bringing another plane from Texas) but there are other kids here and they are fine. He also smells like rotting cheese and I know I'll wind up sitting near him, it's just my luck today :( and I have trouble with nausea on the plane as it is, this will just add to it. Please tell me this trip WILL get better!!

KylesMom
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
It will!!!! Try to get away from said obnoxious child for awhile, even if it is in a restaurant down the walkway. Close your eyes and imagine that you are about to board your favorite attraction. I know that airline delays are the worst. But it WILL get better and soon you'll be at The Happiest Place on Earth! :mickey:

faline
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry! I'm sure it will get better once you arrive in Florida!!

mickclub1955
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Sending Pixie Dust your way!!!!! And some fireworks!!!!:fworks::fworks:
:pixie::pixie:

yjgirl32
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Hope it gets better soon. Just keep thinking of all the fun you will have while in Disney. Good luck.

T-Belle
01-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Hang in there!!! I'm sure as soon as you travel thru those beautiful "WELCOME" arches all your concerns will wash away!! Keep us posted!

disney obsessed
01-20-2014, 09:40 PM
It will! Your GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

My eldest has a similar story. She had two hours of sleep fri night due to her work schedule. Worked again sat night. Closed and went directly to the airport as she had a 7am flight. Had a lay over in atlanta and her connection got delayed. Called her dad at 2pm crying hysterically and nearly psychotic. Finally caught her flight and got to all Stars, tried to sleep and could not. By the time she got to the park about 7 she was completly silly. Everything was too funny and we all had a great evening.

There is hope.

Katzateer
01-21-2014, 07:30 AM
:magic::pixie:

Hope you feel the magic when you arrive! I always let out a sigh of relief when I make it to MCO and then can't stop smiling once I am on the "mini monorail" at airport. Hate the traveling part at airport and on plane. Have a great time once you arrive.:thumbsup::mickey:

divinedi
01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone, it did get better sort of ;). Cheerleaders are here when I did do some research and thought they weren't going to be, but I can manage that. I've just decided not to let it bother, me, it's all in the attitude right? Couldn't sleep once I finally got settled. While I didn't at first think I was going to like the new magic bands, mainly because I couldn't get it on, which I now think was because I was tired:blush:, they are very convenient! Just wave your hand at whatever and you're good to go, no searching for cards and juggling hands and bags!! Up early today, again not sleepy, I'm sure it will catch up to me soon, off to see what the day holds. One of the warmer days I'll be here so must take advantage! More reports later!

faline
01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Things are looking much better!! Glad you've arrived!

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Sorry about the poor start but I am glad to hear you arrived safely and your vacation is underway. Relax and enjoy!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Glad things got better, thanks for the report