PDA

View Full Version : half century at WDW

vamaggie
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
I am hoping to convince DH to take me (and the kids) to WDW for my 50th (1/2015). He's not a big WDW fan and we just went this past Nov so I'm trying to explore options and info before I present it to him (probably later this winter/spring when rates come out-BTW when will they?!?!?!)

Any recommendations for a Deluxe or Mod for fam of 4 with a 17 yo and a 12 yo? We have only been a few times and have stayed at WL and Poly (and SOG with friends) but don't know if we will be able to swing the $$$ for a deluxe.

Thanks!

Zippy 1
01-20-2014, 01:35 PM
We stayed at POFQ on our last trip and loved it!

Bruegge
01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
If you still have a military person in your party they can get a great discount on a Deluxe.. 40% off.

Not sure how long that will run.. not to mention the 4-day military ticket deal. $169.00 I think. (the only option is 4-days) We are going for a week so the ticket deal doesn't apply

We booked GF in June with the Military discount, It's still expensive.... but..

It's our 25th Anniversary and since we visited Disney on our Honeymoon we thought it would be a the right time to spurge.

Good luck..

Bruegge
01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Splurge...... not spurge.... not sure how to edit

Yes I know a spurge is a yard weed.....LOL

Scott

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 02:27 PM
What about renting DVC points to stay at OKW or AKL? This is typically a less expensive option to the deluxe accomodations and also offers a little more room for families and a kitchen and sometimes washer and dryer which helps a LOT!!!
Celebrating birthdays at WDW is wonderful!!! :party: I hope your wish comes true!
:tink:
Julie

vamaggie
01-21-2014, 03:35 PM
THanks everybody. Probably won't have military discount options. Have considered renting DVC points but not sure if it's worth it (we will only be there 5 days). WIll keep exploring. Any more suggestions are more than welcome.