PDA

View Full Version : Family Gathering Trip - January 9th -11th

Dulcee
01-19-2014, 02:05 PM
These days are going to bit more unorganized. It appears I forgot to jot down notes! Lets see what I remember

January 9th
Today we we're headed into Magic Kingdom. Again DH and I are up early for the dogs, back to the resort for a bus to Magic Kingdom. The first mission of the day was a very special picture. I had brought along our 8 week ultrasound photo. After a little explaining to a photographer we got a picture of DH and I holding the picture in front of the castle. This was texted to my older and sister and brother with the text "Baby's first trip to WDW." They were both thrilled to hear about the pregnancy.

We squeezed in things my inlaws won't do like Peter Pan, Small World and Winnie the Pooh. By 11 or so the rest of the group makes it into the park. We have fast pass pluses this day but I can't remember for what. We do Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Buzz. Lunch is tomorrowland.

DH and I tell everyone were going to pop over to Epcot if they're up for a break. I really, really want to get on American Adventure. Rather then take the break FIL insists we must all stay together. They all come to Epcot. Needless to say I don't get to see American Adventure before its time to head back to the MK for our ressies at BOG.

Be Our Guest was very nice. The main dining room seems a bit loud to me but otherwise the whole thing was very cool. We were seated in the west wing. DH got the pork, I had the chicken and it was all very good. Unfortunately despite being open until 9, wishes goes off at 8 and we miss them :(

January 10th
Hollywood Studios today. Surprisingly after walking the dogs when we head back to the villa both of the BILs are awake. Younger BIL (14) opts to go with us early. We try to convince SIL's hubby to do the same (He's really excited for star wars) but decides that they can't sleep much later and he'll wait for SIL.

Off to the park we go. The boys head back to Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. Since I can't ride anyway I head back to get fastpasses for Toy Story Mania but the ride is down and based on the 12 castmembers out front explaining this doesn't look good.

The park is BUSY today. Lots of tour groups. Lots of marathon people. The boys get to ride both of the big ones and we get to see the animation video with Mushu and do the animator class before the rest of the group arrives.

BIL is not a happy camper. Its noon when they finally get there. I think as far as FIL and MIL are concerned vacation is over. They've spent all morning having invoices printed and doing airline check in. Oof.

Before the day is over we get in Star Tours, Lights Motors Action and the rest of the group does repeats on TOT and RnR. While they do that I get some solo time to do One Man's Dream, the Little Mermaid and another art class. Honestly I really, really enjoy this time.

Dinner tonight we don't have reservations. FIl and MIL want to order pizzas in the villa. This is not going to happen for DH and I. We say thats fine but we'll head over to Epcot to see where we can get in, no problem, we'll meet up later. True to form FIL refuses this idea and decides to go with us. We all get on the boat to Epcot.

Surprisingly with about a 45 minute wait we're actually able to score a Via Napoli table for 7 people. The food is great. FIl complains about the price of a pizza, true to form. DH and I share the fried risotto balls, a salad and a pizza with prosciutto and arugula. The only thing missing is a nice glass of wine! Me and my occupied uterus...

After dinner FIL and MIL finally decide to quite and head back to the resort. Its about 45 minutes before Illuminations. DH, BILs, SIL and I head out to look for ice cream and a viewing spot. Tonight is so much warmer and we grab a great spot right on the water between France and Great Britain. With some adult beverages and ice cream the 5 "siblings" had a great time. It was honestly the best part of the trip and as always Illuminations was great.

January 11th
Its time to head home today. The inlaws are all out by 7 am for their flight back. Since we're driving DH and I take time to pack, shower and then head out for the dogs.
I'm so excited to pick up the kids! We've seen them every morning and they had a great trip but I'm ready to have them back. They both get excellent report cards upon leaving.

The ride home is uneventful and we're back in good old NC by 8pm.

faline
01-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! It can be difficult to travel with others - particularly if they don't share your style!!

mickclub1955
01-19-2014, 04:43 PM
We were watching Illuminations the same time you were. Your fil and mil sound like my parents. We all have to stick together. Sorry you missed the American Adventure. It is one of my favs and I missed it this time as well. Glad you got to take your "kids" along. We tell ours that he is going to the spa and board him. It is always heart wrenching for me. He is always so happy when I go and pick him up. Loved reading your trip reports. Despite some setbacks it still sounds like y'all had a wonderful time.

hauntedmansiongirl
01-20-2014, 02:42 AM
Despite all of the issues, I'm glad that you had a good time. And that you stood up and made sure that you did what you wanted to some of the time! I have to say, I'm envious of your short drive! We're 22 hours to drive- but it doesn't stop us! :mickey:

yjgirl32
01-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes, it is hard to travel with extended family. I am so looking forward to my next trip just mom and me, YEAH!

Thanks for the reports, glad the kids did well:puppy::dog::paw: