PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Resort

LittleSpirit02
01-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Looking to maybe fit a quick stay in Disney into a honeymoon trip. Which Value Resort would you recommend? In mid-late October - would there typically be any discount rates available for them?

Strmchsr
01-19-2014, 02:34 PM
There are sometimes room-only discounts available at that time. Not always. Just depends year to year.

As for which resort is better, I honestly think they're about the same. Just pick the theming you like best. I know some folks go on about Pop having it's own bus line, but I haven't found that to be a huge advantage. They also have fewer buses so you sometimes wait just as long at Pop as at any of the values. In terms of room size and amenities, though, they're all pretty similar so whatever theme strikes your fancy go with it and you'll enjoy.

VacationDisney
01-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I also think that the values are pretty much the same. Pop, as mentioned does have their own buses. We prefer Music or Movies just because of the the themes. You can't really go wrong with any of them:thumbsup:

Have a wonderful time:mickey:

BJSforVols
01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Not trying to hijacl this thread, but what resort does AoA share a bus?

1DisneyNut
01-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Like everyone else, they are all pretty much the same thing to me. They are basic hotels, with some sort of theme and a food court.

Personally, if it were me, I would also compare the prices against some of the moderates. Take a look at Port Orleans and a couple of the others. If you are only going to stay onsite for a day or two, it won't cost much extra.

Katzateer
01-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Not trying to hijacl this thread, but what resort does AoA share a bus?

It does not share a bus with any other resort

BJSforVols
01-19-2014, 08:53 PM
It does not share a bus with any other resort

So, how does AoA compare to the other values? Does everyone think it is basically the same as the other values as well except for the theme, or is it a slight step up?

TinkerbellT421
01-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I haven't stayed in a value in a while but when we did I enjoyed pop over asmovies. My biggest reason was mostly because the all star resorts felt more childish to me than pop did for some reason, that might just be me. I hated the bus system through the all stars, so the bus was a big plus, we never had issues at pop like we did at all star.

mickclub1955
01-19-2014, 11:25 PM
So, how does AoA compare to the other values? Does everyone think it is basically the same as the other values as well except for the theme, or is it a slight step up?

The only building at the AoA that compares to the other value resorts is the Little Mermaid building. All of the other buildings are suites and cost more. The buildings for these suites are also enclosed unlike the Little Mermaid and the other value resorts. Not much of a comparison. I do know that the some rooms at the All Star Music have been converted to Suites as well.

Arielfan98
01-20-2014, 01:10 AM
I would say All Star Music but that's completely biased because my family loves it. Pick the the hotel with the theme that suits you the best. Keep in mind even the The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are more money than rooms at Pop and the All Stars.

Kenny1113
01-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Our favorite value resort is POP. Like others said, room size and decor will be similar at all the values.

Strmchsr
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Keep in mind even the The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are more money than rooms at Pop and the All Stars.

And, because they are so popular they are rarely available for discounts.

brownie
01-20-2014, 06:10 PM
The food courts at Pop Century and All-Star Movies are bigger than those at All-Star Sports and All-Star Music.

CaptSmee
01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
POP. Newer, cleaner, decent food court, great pools, efficient buses. Stayed there many times never had an issue

JerseyDad
01-28-2014, 10:01 AM
I would say All Star Music but that's completely biased because my family loves it. Pick the the hotel with the theme that suits you the best. Keep in mind even the The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are more money than rooms at Pop and the All Stars.

....and ...they are a pretty significant distance from the food court, buses, & the "Big Blue Pool".

Katzateer
01-28-2014, 10:31 AM
AoA is very nice. I am a big animation and Walt fan so it makes me very happy with the theming of this resort. The Little Mermaid section rooms are the same as any other value but of course newer and fresh looking. The suites are very nice,but the cost is not a value resort charge- more in the moderate range. If you can afford a suite they are very nice.

I like POP for a value resort. The rooms are the same setup as other values but the resort just looks much more fun, bright and more Disney to me. The other values seem old and worn out. We don't spend a lot of time at the resorts but if I can get POP for a decent price I take it. In May I am going for a 3 night solo trip and booked Movies. The price was a lot better and I won't be there except to sleep.

EJS-Houston
01-28-2014, 04:29 PM
POP. Newer, cleaner, decent food court, great pools, efficient buses. Stayed there many times never had an issue

I agree completely. POP's my fave!

PirateLover
01-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I like Pop's layout a bit more, but at this point, I view POP, ASMusic, and ASMovies as equivalent. I would contact Magical Journeys as they stay on top of all the deals and will let you know what is best. I know on our recent stay, Music was offering the best rate. If you're looking to save, just go with who has the best rate. Art of Animation is beautiful and fun, but as others have mentioned, it is more expensive and the Little Mermaid rooms are a bit of a walk from the main hall.

Sylvia
01-28-2014, 07:32 PM
After numerous stays at CBR, POP Century was my first value resort. After a couple of stays, when it became so popular, POP wasn't available for my dates, so I switched to AS Music. After 8 vacations at AS Music, it's time to go back to POP Century. I'm looking forward to staying at the resort, as well as taking advantage of the easy access to AoA, which I also plan to visit.

Everyone has a different opinion about each resort, so it all depends on what you like. I enjoyed my stays at both resorts and have never had any problems. POP Century has more of a nostalgia feel to it, and I'll be spending a lot of time relaxing and enjoying the resort.

Arielfan98
01-31-2014, 10:40 PM
....and ...they are a pretty significant distance from the food court, buses, & the "Big Blue Pool".

I would agree but when I made this exact statement on Intercot before a lot of people disagreed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2014, 08:16 AM
A lot of people like Pop, we didn't because it tended to be noisier than All Star Movies. I also think AoA would be worth looking into since it is new and the theming pretty cool.

JerseyDad
02-01-2014, 08:34 AM
.....having stayed almost exclusively at POP over the last 10 yrs .....I'm a bit biased. We were at ASM once in 2004 ....and it couldn't hold a candle to POP.

.....however ....over the last 3 yrs ....the shine has come off POP. The food court has slipped ...and general operations and maintenance is not what it used to be.

.....POP still has dedicated bus service ...a big plus ....but at days end ....... at the parks ....the buses seem to be painfully few, and far between.

.....as noted earlier ...POP can be a bit noisier than the other values ...because it's a bigger resort ...with 4 story buildings ...as opposed to the 3 story ones at the other values.

Crow
02-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Pop is my fav. on my last trip I stay at Allstar music the last night cause of the price..didn't like it..but im suddenly going to WDW again in March. and just booked allstar sports for part of the trip cause of the price...I hope its not bad...

paragon
02-02-2014, 06:31 PM
As already stated, the values are all about the same. But keep in mind, Pop is very large, and even though it has its own buses, they can still be crowded. AoA is the newest, so it can also be crowded. Pop was designed from the surveys, and they took what people liked most, and what worked best at the others and put them into Pop- (although I question the food court design ). AoA has incredible theming, and the largest pool. It is also considered a "value plus" resort ( kind of its own category )
Even though the All Stars share buses, at busy times the do add buses to the route, and sometimes Movies has its own.
I have a preference to Movies, well because its where DW and I spent our honeymoon 13 years ago.

PlutoPlanet
02-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Pop