PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Davy Crockett
01-18-2014, 10:05 PM
I wanted to see if any of you have been to Mickey's Backyard BBQ recently and what your thoughts were. This is the only dinner showish event at WDW that we've not gone to and I think our 9 year old DD would enjoy it.

MargaretMessler
01-19-2014, 03:27 AM
We went in September and it was great. Food was nothing fancy but was good and hot. Entertainment was good, and kids seemed to have a lot of fun dancing with the performers.

Davy Crockett
01-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Thank you MargaretMessler! If it's like the HDDR and Spirt of Aloha then you're right the food would be just okay. As long as the kids enjoy the experience then I'm happy :thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
01-21-2014, 10:46 AM
I think your 9 year old would enjoy it. We haven't been in some years as my kids are older now :( but they did love it. Food was good -- nothing special. It's worth going if you haven't been.

Davy Crockett
01-22-2014, 08:41 PM
I think your 9 year old would enjoy it. We haven't been in some years as my kids are older now :( but they did love it. Food was good -- nothing special. It's worth going if you haven't been.

We love FWC, the final trip to WDW with my Dad before he passed we all took our campers & RV's and stayed there, we had a wonderful trip. I truly love that campground. So I know you are right and we will really enjoy the entertainment.
Thanks Mydisneygirls!

mydisneygirls
01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Here is a hint: If you can get in line early so you're one of the first to enter, get a seat right across from the stage area (closest to the stage). They pick a few children to participate in the show. The last time we were there, my daughter was chosen. They get a certificate and pictures!!!!

rjmdds
01-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Here is a hint: If you can get in line early so you're one of the first to enter, get a seat right across from the stage area (closest to the stage). They pick a few children to participate in the show. The last time we were there, my daughter was chosen. They get a certificate and pictures!!!!

That's a great tip! Thanks! We will be trying it too for the first time this coming August.

Davy Crockett
02-02-2014, 09:57 PM

You are a wealth of knowledge! We're doing the AK that day so we'll try to get over to MBYBBQ by no later than 5:45 as I think they start seating at 6:30.

pirateyankee80
02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
We did the Backyard BBQ in 2010, with the Disney version of planes, trains and automobiles. :drama: From The BC, a walk through EPCOT, 2 monorails to MK, and a very slow boat ride to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It took a VERY long time. We were late. I'm sure we could have done better with more thought but it took close to an hour..(6 mph boat ride with a 5 mph head wind....) We ended up off to the side. Character pictures were impossible..
Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time...

TheVBs
02-09-2014, 05:26 PM
We've done it twice and it was an absolute blast! :mickey: Our girls really enjoyed it. I agree with comments about the food, we enjoyed it. There's not the standard character photo op, but you can definitely get great shots of your kids dancing with the characters. We love those more than the ones where they just pose. And, I wouldn't worry too much about getting there early and grabbing a certain seat. There are three dance floors, the main one and two smaller ones. You'll be near one of them and the characters come to all of them. Also, when they do the performances on the main dance floor, they invite all the kids to come sit around it so they'll all have a good chance of getting picked, no matter where your seat is. Have fun!

Davy Crockett
02-09-2014, 10:19 PM
We've done it twice and it was an absolute blast! :mickey: Our girls really enjoyed it. I agree with comments about the food, we enjoyed it. There's not the standard character photo op, but you can definitely get great shots of your kids dancing with the characters. We love those more than the ones where they just pose. And, I wouldn't worry too much about getting there early and grabbing a certain seat. There are three dance floors, the main one and two smaller ones. You'll be near one of them and the characters come to all of them. Also, when they do the performances on the main dance floor, they invite all the kids to come sit around it so they'll all have a good chance of getting picked, no matter where your seat is. Have fun!

We've made our reservations! I'll give you our thoughts when we get back. I'm sure it will be a blast.