PDA

View Full Version : Universal transport question

GoofDad
01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
We have been to WDW many times and always enjoyed our visits. In a few months we are doing something new. We are going to spend two days at Universal while we are there.

We will be staying at Disney at Saratoga Springs resort. We have found a ticket package that includes 2 day tickets for Universal WITH transportation via Mears.

Has anyone done this before and would you recommend it? Would like to here about other people's experiences with this.

Thanks.

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2014, 07:41 PM
I have never taken Mears to Universal... I have only rented a car and drove over myself, or this past October, taken a cab (NEVER AGAIN!!!)... I know people who have taken Mears, however, and they said they would do it again if they don't rent a car instead...

Mears is extremely professional.. I used them in the past for transportation to and from other places (when I did fly into Orlando, from MCO to my hotel), and they were priced reasonably and, like I said, very professional...

mom2morgan
01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
I have taken Mears to Universal, although not as a part of that package. If it looks like a good deal, go for it! The only drawback is having to plan to be back at the bus at a specific time, and then maybe stopping at a few other resorts to drop people off, but that's not a big deal at all. We did that once, did a town car another time, and have taken cabs since. The only thing I was ever unhappy with was the town car service. Bad experience with that particular one. All options run about the same price, honestly, or they wouldn't be able to compete.

tinksmom02
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM
The only thing I was ever unhappy with was the town car service. Bad experience with that particular one. All options run about the same price, honestly, or they wouldn't be able to compete.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Mears town car service. I just priced them from our Universal hotel back to MCO and their price is $25 less than Quicksilver--who I've used in the past and have been very happy with. But that's a big price point for a one-way trip...

mom2morgan
01-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Mears town car service. I just priced them from our Universal hotel back to MCO and their price is $25 less than Quicksilver--who I've used in the past and have been very happy with. But that's a big price point for a one-way trip...
No, No, No - it WASN'T Mears. It was a private town car service and I don't want to mention their name here - not Mears and not Quicksilver. I think you can use those two with confidence. I got the other name from another site dedicated to Disney planning and it didn't work out. I got sick and we couldn't get ahold of them to pick us up early, so I had to wander around IoA for hours feeling awful. Then they sent a new driver - he tried phoning me about the different vehicle to look for but my cell phone had died, so he couldn't get ahold of me...so when he finally found us he was FURIOUS and very rude. By the way, while we were waiting, looking lost and unhappy, the driver of the Mears shuttle came and asked if we needed a ride, and he'd try to find room for us on a shuttle!

MargaretMessler
01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
I've used Mears more than once and never had any problems with them. Drivers were always on time and very friendly. I just prefer the flexibility of having the car, so that's my preference. But if I were to choose a shuttle, I would not hesitate to use Mears again

tinksmom02
01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
No, No, No - it WASN'T Mears. It was a private town car service and I don't want to mention their name here - not Mears and not Quicksilver. I think you can use those two with confidence. I got the other name from another site dedicated to Disney planning and it didn't work out. I got sick and we couldn't get ahold of them to pick us up early, so I had to wander around IoA for hours feeling awful. Then they sent a new driver - he tried phoning me about the different vehicle to look for but my cell phone had died, so he couldn't get ahold of me...so when he finally found us he was FURIOUS and very rude. By the way, while we were waiting, looking lost and unhappy, the driver of the Mears shuttle came and asked if we needed a ride, and he'd try to find room for us on a shuttle!

Thanks for clearing that up!! :mickey:

mom2morgan
01-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!! :mickey:
Whew! I was afraid I was damaging the reputation of a very good company ;-)