PDA

View Full Version : Can you still have Mickey visit your room?

Bruegge
01-18-2014, 10:50 AM
It's been 7 years.... never did this but I remember reading about it.

Mickey or some other character would visit your room I the evening and "tuck the kids in" so to speak.

Staying at GF in June

Thanks

Scott

mickclub1955
01-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Never heard of this. :confused:

Strmchsr
01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Never heard of this either. It's definitely not something going on now.

VWL Mom
01-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Haven't heard of such a thing and everything online refers to a type of urban legend.

However, there is a channel where Duffy reads bedtime stories on the tv which is kind of cute.

SBETigg
01-18-2014, 12:20 PM
I haven't heard of this either, but it would be pretty awesome. I can imagine the demand for it. Not sure they could keep up.

You can get a wake up phone call from certain characters, I think? I've never done it, so not sure if you can choose or if it's just whatever character they have recorded. It might just be Stitch. ?

hoop de do
01-18-2014, 12:30 PM
I've never heard of this either. I think I'm safe in saying that, if you have the money Disney will do almost anything. Would not even guess what that might cost though.
I have had Goofy give me a wake up telephone call a few years back.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-18-2014, 01:01 PM
I also know that this happens at some other resort-type places (like Great Wolf Lodge) where the mascots will come and tuck in your kids, deliver milk & cookies, etc.

Strmchsr
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
You can get a wake up phone call from certain characters, I think? I've never done it, so not sure if you can choose or if it's just whatever character they have recorded. It might just be Stitch. ?

Stitch was the recording for a while. When we were last there in October it was Mike from Monsters Inc. Not sure if it's changed since then.

mook3y
01-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Disney World does have cast members called "Dream Makers".

From their website:

"Create the most magical memory possible—if you can dream it, a Dream Maker can do it. They’re not your standard florists!"

We looked into having Mickey and Minnie come to a private dinner a few years ago. I think it was around $1,500 per character.

So as stated above, if your willing to pay for it, you can make it happen.

Google "Disney World Dream Makers"

It falls under Guest Services - Disney Floral & Gifts.

Bruegge
01-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Maybe it was the wake up call I'm remembering

I'm not paying $1500 to have Mickey join me for dinner...(Darn giant mouse probably eats like a horse anyway)

Sry to bother you all about a misunderstanding

It just seemed so vivid in my 55yo memory

Scott

Strmchsr
01-19-2014, 08:27 AM
No worries, Scott! That's what we're here for! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe it was the wake up call I'm remembering

I'm not paying $1500 to have Mickey join me for dinner...(Darn giant mouse probably eats like a horse anyway)

Sry to bother you all about a misunderstanding

It just seemed so vivid in my 55yo memory

Scott

I suppose that is in keeping for the price of having certain characters attend your Disney wedding, but yeah... generally out of my league. I would rather have more really excellent dinners or shop for some lasting souvenirs. Good to know that Disney is willing to do some things for a price, though, right. :)

brownie
01-20-2014, 06:12 PM

You don't have to pay that much. A character dinner is a lot less than $1500!

spoiledraf
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Walked by a small wedding at a Gazebo along the lake up from th BW. Only about 8 people and a minister. Mickey and Minnie were walking up to join them dressed in a tux and gown. So I'm sure they are available for the right price.

JenniferS.
01-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Stitch was the recording for a while. When we were last there in October it was Mike from Monsters Inc. Not sure if it's changed since then.

I think when we were there in December, it was Olaf from Frozen.

Patricia
01-23-2014, 11:24 AM
I think at one time a "character tuck in" service was advertised on the Disney cruise ships although the actual service never was available. :confused: I would imagine the chances of law suits would be huge with that kind of service. Or perhaps a law suit was the reason it was never actually offered?

For one year (2001-2002) there was a Character Caravan that would stop at resorts in the mornings to see families off on their day. At the time, the Caraven was a replacement to the cancelled Surprise Mornings. The Caravan was later replaced with Extra Magic Hours.

DryCreek
02-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, if you plan far enough, there is always this way to do it:

[Removed outside link]

You could probably pay someone to don the rental and surprise your kiddo's if needed. I know that I'd be happy to play Mickey for an hour or so, if the beer was cold....