PDA

View Full Version : DW Birthday Trip To "Our Laughing Place" Jan 7 Day-2

mickclub1955
01-18-2014, 09:37 AM
5am does come very early in the morning especially if it is 4am your body clock time. We jump up and get ready. I turn on the TV to see how bad Auburn beat Florida State and am very surprised they didn't. Lot of people in Tallahassee are very happy this morning. I go check out of the hotel and we drive to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast. We are the second ones in there. Never seen one of these empty before. It is surreal. After breakfast we hit the road. It is about 7 and the sun is rising. Weird but we are on the western edge of the time zone change. We hit I-75 and then the FL Turnpike. I know some of the back ways to the "World" off of the Turnpike, but drive all the way to I-4 and then get off on the Lake Buena Vista exit. We park at DTD right at 11:10 am. We look around the WOD store for a while and see things that we want to buy when we come back later in the week (don't ever do this. Buy it when you see it, lesson learned). It is now noon and we decide to hit Earl of Sandwich. It was delicious. I got the Full Montagu and DW got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. We shared and hers was better. After lunch we looked around some more and decided it was time to go and check in at the POP. It is a mess getting out of DTD. The parking garage construction is coming along but it has a very long way to go. We get to the POP and since I did online check in everything goes smooth. They didn't even have to do anything with our Magic Bands. She leaves and comes back with two flowers and a Birthday pin for my DW since it is her "Big" birthday today. DW is surprised but I have made all of the arrangements for her surprises. This is her trip and whatever DW wants, DW will get. We get to the room and it is where we requested. We didn't know what to request at first because we were both born in the sixties but because of DW "Birthday", and we own a cocker spaniel we decide to request the 50's section. That is what we get and Lady is right out our door. Perfect. We turn on the TV to see if Stacie is still there and she is spouting out her must do's . In the car on the way to the "World" we try to remember her name. Wife remembers Christa but that is the other girl from way back (she works with a Christa so this name is stuck in her head). We finally remember Stacie so we get a laugh when we watch her. She has actually updated to show the My Disney Experience. After getting the room ready, iron some clothes and relax a bit we get ready for Dinner and head out to the bus stop for the MK. It is cold. After getting to the MK we take some pictures of the sun setting on the lagoon and head to the Monorail. It is waiting for us. We hop aboard and head to the Contemporary. We shop and I have to take a picture of the five legged goat. We sit and talk to an older lady who is staying with her family at the Grand Floridian Villas. She paid for the trip and wanted to go all out. They were eating at Chef Mickey's this evening and she was waiting on them to get there from the MK. Once they got there DW and I headed downstairs to our reservation at the Wave. I had ordered flowers that were suppose to show up while we were eating, but when we got to the table they were there waiting for us. They are beautiful and so is DW. I am a lucky man. We order the appetizer for two and DW orders the Whole grain Penne pasta and I order the Lamb chops. Our waiter was in training and does a wonderful job. I feel very under dressed here for the quality of food, but this is Disney. We get back on the Monorail and it leaves just as the last boom from Wishes burst in the sky. So no more fireworks as we leave. Oh well. We finally make it back to the MK and go to the bus stop in time for the mass exodus. It is freezing. The same people we were on the monorail with are also waiting on the bus. They are from Jersey and have a little one. The trip back to the hotel is uneventful. This is the first trip where the bus drivers are not interactive with the guests. I did notice the new paint scheme for the buses and the longer ones. We make it back to the room flowers and all and get ready for our next day. This night sleep was way better than last nights.

faline
01-18-2014, 03:40 PM
What a lovely birthday surprise for your wife! Nice day!!

skimonkey
01-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Love your travelogue so far! I feel like I am there with your nice descriptions! Enjoy your trip! :)

VWL Mom
01-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a great (but long) celebration day for your DW. Very well thought out on your part! :thumbsup:

Love your travelogue so far! I feel like I am there with your nice descriptions! Enjoy your trip! :)

:welcome: to Intercot

skimonkey
01-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Sounds like a great (but long) celebration day for your DW. Very well thought out on your part! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to Intercot

Thank you, VWL Mom--appreciate it! :)

joannep2bc
01-18-2014, 09:51 PM
You are a very special husband and obviously your wife is a very special lady. I am really enjoying your trip reports and I can't wait for the next one. I just had my "big one" too so I get how special this trip was for the both of you.:thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
01-20-2014, 02:53 AM
That's so thoughtful of you to surprise your wife! It's wonderful how much you appreciate each other! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

yjgirl32
01-20-2014, 09:11 AM
AAAWWW no better place to celebrate!!!! Thanks for sharing. I too am going to the World for my special birthday- can't wait.

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 05:12 PM
The flowers was a very nice touch! She is a lucky girl. What a great start to your vacation.
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Wonderful report:party2::birthday: