PDA

View Full Version : So Confused

quicksand
01-18-2014, 09:03 AM
:confused: My child uses a wheelchair. If we go to Jungle Cruise to ride we usually just go to the wheelchair entrance and wait. Will they give us a time to come back or do we just wait in line for our turn?

Disney4us2
01-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Last time I rode it, they gave me a written fp to return to ride.

quicksand
01-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks Disney4us2!! Will we be able to use standby lines on anything or will we get a return time for all rides?

Pirate Granny
01-18-2014, 10:35 AM
You need to get a GAC card at Guest relations. They will issue you a Card with your daughters photo and you can use at all the rides...they will issue you a wait time to return. Can only hold one wait at a time. They mark the rerun time on the back of the GAC card and cross off when you use it. You can also use FP+ for other rides.

VWL Mom
01-18-2014, 07:02 PM
You need to get a GAC card at Guest relations. They will issue you a Card with your daughters photo and you can use at all the rides...they will issue you a wait time to return. Can only hold one wait at a time. They mark the rerun time on the back of the GAC card and cross off when you use it. You can also use FP+ for other rides.

I'm not sure this is the rule of thumb anymore with the new DAS system. Marci, how did that work for you?

From the Disney website

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need a DAS Card?

No, a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS Card. Depending on the attraction, the Guest will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction based on the current wait time. For some attractions at Disneyland Resort, these guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.

Hammer
01-19-2014, 03:54 PM

This is not the case if you are in a wheelchair strictly due to mobility issues with no other special needs

I'm not sure this is the rule of thumb anymore with the new DAS system. Marci, how did that work for you?

From the Disney website:

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need a DAS Card?

No, a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS Card. Depending on the attraction, the Guest will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction based on the current wait time. For some attractions at Disneyland Resort, these guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.

Lynn, when we were there with my Mom this was how it was exactly handled. As Mom is in a wheelchair due only to mobility issues, she does not have any restrictions on waiting in line. We were given a time to return by the CM. No DAS card was needed.

The Jungle Cruise CMs are great about working with the wheelchair and getting it on the boat. The skipper made my Mom part of the skit which she enjoyed immensely!

VWL Mom
01-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks Christine!

I hope you got some shots of your mom boarding JC.

Disney4us2
01-19-2014, 10:48 PM
This is not the case if you are in a wheelchair strictly due to mobility issues with no other special needs

Lynn, when we were there with my Mom this was how it was exactly handled. As Mom is in a wheelchair due only to mobility issues, she does not have any restrictions on waiting in line. We were given a time to return by the CM. No DAS card was needed.

The Jungle Cruise CMs are great about working with the wheelchair and getting it on the boat. The skipper made my Mom part of the skit which she enjoyed immensely!

Christine... this is how it worked for me. It was the same way for Big Thunder Mountain.