PDA

View Full Version : DW Birthday Trip To "Our Laughing Place" Jan 6 Day-1

mickclub1955
01-18-2014, 08:51 AM
DW decided to go to work today but only for part of the day. I get the car checked out, and make sure everything is loaded up. We decided we were only traveling halfway. It's only a eight and half hour drive all the way but the choice for her to work part of the day was a spur of the moment decision (She was going to work a full day). I had made ressies in Tallahassee at a hole in the wall so we just didn't change anything. We pulled out about 3 and hit I-10. Traffic in Mobile, AL was bad at all and was glad we missed the Tunnel back up. Pensacola wasn't that bad either. We didn't do our ritual FL welcome center rest stop to get our complementary orange juice because we figured this late in the day we just wanted to make it to where we were going. We did get hungry and stop in some place named Marianne, FL and at a Sonny's Bar-B-Que. This was only my second time eating at one of these. Food was okay. Had large Coke and then took one to go (Big Mistake). Right before Tallahassee the time changed and we lost an hour so now with us stopping and the time change it is near 9pm. We check in and decide to watch the Rose Bowl on TV. Auburn is whipping Florida States behind, so at half time we turn off the TV and call it a night. Worst night in the world for me. DW sound asleep, Me wide awake. The caffeine in the Coke plus the excitement of the trip has me up most of the night. Temps outside are dropping to 23 degrees also. Its colder here in Florida than when we went to Alaska for our cruise. 5am is going to come mighty early in the morning.:(

faline
01-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Cold weather and a sleepless night?! Not the best start to your trip!!

PirateLover
01-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I had a few sleepless nights the early day of our trip. It's not a fun way to start off. Hope things improved!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-20-2014, 02:48 AM
Oh, nothing like the pressure of an early morning and not being able to sleep! I hope the rest of the trip was better (and warmed up!).

yjgirl32
01-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Oh no. I hate when I can't sleep. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
01-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Its colder here in Florida than when we went to Alaska for our cruise. Can I just tell you how WRONG that sounds!!! Nevertheless, you arrived safely for the evening. Looking forward to your first day in the Magic! :mickey:

emerzmom
01-21-2014, 05:05 PM
That is WAY too cold for Florida!!! :freeze:
The Polar Vortex strikes Florida!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Hate when I can't sleep:sheep: