PDA

View Full Version : Epcot and Hollywood Studios Going FP+ Only

AndrewJackson
01-17-2014, 12:30 PM
From another website:

The final two remaining parks still using legacy paper-based FASTPASS will be switching to FastPass+ for all park guests next week.

Disney's Hollywood Studios will transition from legacy paper FASTPASS to FastPass+ on January 21, and Epcot will follow on January 23 2014. This will complete the FastPass+ rollout for all guests at all Walt Disney World theme parks.

Operating in the same was as at Disney's Animal Kingdom and at the Magic Kingdom, offsite guests will be able to make 3 FastPass+ selections for same day/same park, at one of the in-park kiosks. They will not have access to advance reservations. Onsite guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will be able to continue to make advance reservations.

Legacy paper-based FASTPASS will be discontinued at each park as FastPass+ becomes available.

Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot will continue to provide tiers to their attraction selections. See the details below for the attraction groupings.

mickclub1955
01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Sad to hear that the tiering is still in place. But, we all knew this was coming. Now we really get to see if the investment paid off.

mrte62
01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Still wondering what is the "tipping point" to get more people to use onsite accomodations.

1) The higher the level (deluxe vs moderate vs value) the more FP+ you get?

2) Off site no FP+ options at all.

3) Combination of 1 and 2.

4) Some other option.

What do you think?

AndrewJackson
01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Still wondering what is the "tipping point" to get more people to use onsite accomodations.

1) The higher the level (deluxe vs moderate vs value) the more FP+ you get?

2) Off site no FP+ options at all.

3) Combination of 1 and 2.

4) Some other option.

What do you think?

Not sure. However, if they discontinue EMH, they will save significant operation costs at the theme parks. The rumor is now that onside guests can reserve their FastPasses, there is no need for EMH, and it will be cancelled.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Not sure. However, if they discontinue EMH, they will save significant operation costs at the theme parks. The rumor is now that onside guests can reserve their FastPasses, there is no need for EMH, and it will be cancelled.

I hope that is not true. I'm just brushing up on the FP+ for the first time, and I have to believe at some point it will boil down to a money grab.

Our last trip, the EMH were special, giving us a chance to ride the same ride multiple times. I remember almost having to strong arm my girls to try Big Thunder Mtn during late night hours, as it was we did it four consecutive times before Mom said no more. Taking away EMH and limiting FP+ to 3 rides only, and some being tiered, not sounding like a good idea to me.