PDA

View Full Version : Got A Pin Code Today

steamboat willy
01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Well, how many of us are rushing to the Mail Box hoping for that Pin Code Post Card to help with an upcoming Disney Trip with either Room Discounts or the most cherished FREE DINING offer. When pulling the mail out, there it was....Mickey :smickey:conjuring up two great offers to help you enjoy another WDW vacation. Up to 35% off WDW Resorts and Free Dining.
We are planning for an early Fall trip so the dates on the Pin would cover a Room Discount but would not cover the Free Dining yet. Guess were still going to hold off waiting on the Free Dining that historically come out in August.
What would you choose, Room Discount or Free Dining?:eat:

joonyer
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM
We would choose the room discount (if deep enough). We just don't eat enough food to get our money's (or savings) worth out of the DDP. I do enjoy trying new restaurants, but we find we save more $$ overall by using the room discounts when they are big enough.

Strmchsr
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Unless you're in a value resort with at least 3 adults (age 10+) a room discount is almost always the better value than "free" dining. I'll take the room discount any day. The Tables in Wonderland card makes it where the DDP isn't even close to a good value for us anyway.

SBETigg
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I would choose the room discount over the free dining.

dkmwong
01-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I would choose the dining plan as we like to do the table service meals :)

faline
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I would choose the dining plan as we like to do the table service meals :)

We like to do table service meals as well but have found that we make out better with a room discount and paying out of pocket for our dining.

steamboat willy
01-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Unless you're in a value resort with at least 3 adults (age 10+) a room discount is almost always the better value than "free" dining. I'll take the room discount any day. The Tables in Wonderland card makes it where the DDP isn't even close to a good value for us anyway.

We are vacationing this trip with Just Us Two and planning on staying at a Value Resort preferred Building location. What is The Tables in Wonderland Card?

mickclub1955
01-16-2014, 08:30 PM
We are vacationing this trip with Just Us Two and planning on staying at a Value Resort preferred Building location. What is The Tables in Wonderland Card?

Here is the link on the info here on Intercot. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp

faline
01-17-2014, 08:14 AM

It provides a nice discount on food and drinks at many restaurants. However, you need to qualify in order to get the card (annual passholder; vacation club member; Florida resident).

Ms. Mode
01-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Would you mind telling me the dates on your pin? We are looking at a trip in early November and are waiting to see if a room discount is offered. Thanks :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Would you mind telling me the dates on your pin? We are looking at a trip in early November and are waiting to see if a room discount is offered. Thanks :mickey:

If its the same PIN code I got yesterday, the free dining was only through the spring but the room discount was through 9/27

wdwaggie
01-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Figures:mad:we start our trip Sep 28th...but maybe a new one will come out before then, or at least the free dining. But to answer the question, I'd opt for free dining over the room discount.

steamboat willy
01-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Up to 35% off WDW Resorts

For Stays most nights:

1/3 - 3/5/14
3/14 - 3/22/14
3/30 - 4/12/14
4/21 - 5/31/14 and 8/17 - 9/27/14

Free Dining

Moderate, Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels

Arrivals most nights: 1/3 - 3/5/14