PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Wknd Trip Report 1

k10
01-16-2014, 02:46 PM
So Sad to be home. But it was a great trip to Disney, staying at the POR for 5 days and 4 nights.

D1: Landed super early, checked in to our fancy Tiana/Princess themed room at POR. Adorable. The 3 kids in our group loved it. Headed to Expo for race packet pick-up. Very cool to see the Wide World of Sports complex. Impressive. Made me want to run around and be super active. From there, met up w/ friends and family at Hollywood Stuidos for rides and dinner at the 50s Prime Time. Such a yummy dinner. Got the Pot Roast. Thought the iron would do me well in my race the next day!

D2: Race day!!! Up and on the bus to Epcot by 3:30am w/ family and friend runners. My first 1/2 Marathon ever. What a day! Hot, humid, muggy. The course was filled with cheers, shoults, music, characters, props, DJs. If you were out there cheering or volunteering, THANK YOU! And I admit: Running into the MK and up Main St, I totally cried. People probably thought I was in pain or hurt. I was just overwhelmed with happiness w/the sight of the castle and all the crowd cheering. It was amazing.

Immediately following the race, we were on such a high. So back to MK for rides and snacks. Dinner at Epcot in Mexico. I had the best stuffed peper ever at the San Angel Inn. Oh my-lanta, was it amazing.

D3: Woke up early to go cheer on the friends and family in the Full Marathon. Watched outside HS, then headed to Epcot for rides and drinks around the world as a huge group. Lunch in Morocco, always delish! Dinner at Chefs de France. I always love their Short Rib dish. And many Grey Goose Citron Slushes. :secret:

BriarRose0708
01-16-2014, 02:54 PM
THANK YOU! And I admit: Running into the MK and up Main St, I totally cried. People probably thought I was in pain or hurt. I was just overwhelmed with happiness w/the sight of the castle and all the crowd cheering. It was amazing.

I totally cried too, Kristen (so sorry I wrote Carrie before, what was I thinking?)!

Great report, I'm so glad you had a great time! Congratulations on finishing the half!!

Melanie
01-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Hope you saw the ICOT group cheering for you from Main Street! We were outside Hollywood Studios on Marathon day as well. We might have been right beside you. ;) Wish we could have said hello!

Thanks for the report and glad you had such a nice trip. I'm having a hard time coming down too. Great weekend!

faline
01-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Nice trip! I applaud your accomplishment!!

yjgirl32
01-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Congrats on your half marathon. Thanks for sharing.

k10
01-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Hope you saw the ICOT group cheering for you from Main Street! We were outside Hollywood Studios on Marathon day as well. We might have been right beside you. ;) Wish we could have said hello!

Thanks for the report and glad you had such a nice trip. I'm having a hard time coming down too. Great weekend!

I'm sad to say that I missed the group. My vision was probably clouded by my "misty moment" running up Main St. I wish I had the composure to hve looked for ya'll! Thank you, just the same, for being out there. I know the cheers helped so many.

Any chance anyone in the ICOT group saw me? I am laughing as I ask this, because HOW MANY thousands of runners were out there? Ha! I was wearing a white shirt with a red heart and a gray tutu and white headband. White Rabbit inspired.

And thanks to all other posters here for the support!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Sounds great. Thanks for the report