PDA

View Full Version : Where to view the Super Bowl?

ANG
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Where in WDW would you watch the Super Bowl?

Just realized we will be there during the game. Any particular bar or resort area you'd recommend?

minnie04
01-16-2014, 09:18 AM
I think there is a sports bar on the Boardwalk. I think it's ESPN they will probably show the game. If not, your resort pool bar should have a TV and I'm sure they would put the game on. :mickey:

ginger19
01-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm wondering the same thing, especially if my team makes it! I watched the conference championship one year at the ESPN club and it was so packed we could barely move. I need some place a bit more kid-friendly!

faline
01-16-2014, 10:49 AM
ESPN will be mobbed on the day of the Superbowl. In the past, at least some of the resort lounge areas have set up additional televisions for viewing so I suspect they will do so this year as well.

minnie04
01-16-2014, 02:31 PM
ESPN will be mobbed on the day of the Superbowl. In the past, at least some of the resort lounge areas have set up additional televisions for viewing so I suspect they will do so this year as well.

That's true, I remember back in the day. The All-Star Sports had a huge TV in the back of the food court to watch sports. Not sure if they still do, but I would check there as well. If you want to leave property they have a Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from downtown Disney on the main road. I think it’s called Crossroads plaza. I know it will be full, but try to get in early. It’s always fun to watch with a lot of people from all over… :mickey:

Gator
01-16-2014, 03:40 PM
My wife and I actually just watched it from our room at Carribean Beach. By the time we were done with the parks that day, the game was just starting when we got back to the room. And then we got to see Tom Brady just a few days later in the parade!

joonyer
01-16-2014, 05:00 PM
While ESPN club can be a lot of fun, it will be jammed to the max. You can actually see it better by watching the game in you hotel room. That would be my choice, too. If you want to be with a crowd, get to ESPN club early.

MCeee
01-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Just to add... it will be on at all of the resorts that have a bar near their table service restaurant. As for the crowd levels at those locations... hard to say.
We really like the bar at Wilderness Lodge and its never been crowded when we were there (albeit not for Super Bowl Sunday).

#1donaldfan
01-17-2014, 12:52 PM
I was lucky enough to once watch my Steelers in a playoff game in the food court at POP. There were probably 20 other Steeler fans in there and we had a great time. I didn't watch the entire game, but the fact that the court was nearly empty made it that much better.:thumbsup:

ANG
01-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Does the Top of the World lounge have a tv?

faline
01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Yes, I believe it does.

steamboat willy
01-18-2014, 06:57 PM
As PP have mentioned, The Resort Bars are most all equipped with Multiple TV's for Sporting Events. I have watched several of my Carolina Panther games during vacations in the past. There is a larger flat screen TV in the Back of the All Star Music Food Court and other Value Resorts as well. Plenty of seating and a Bar just out the door or cold :beer: in the Food Court drink coolers. ENJOY THE GAME! :cool: