PDA

View Full Version : AOA Little Mermaid Rooms

jpmsrivers
01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
My daughter is insisting on staying in the Little Mermaid rooms...she always wanted to be a mermaid.;) Anyway, my question is...which building is best to request? How long is the walk for adults/teenagers?

Strmchsr
01-15-2014, 12:33 PM
The buildings are all right together and don't really matter. Little Mermaid is the farthest section from the main hall. It's a 5-7 min walk.

etibbetts
01-15-2014, 12:35 PM
There are three buildings (sort of like a U). When I stayed there we were in the Ariel building - which is the furthest one back. I would request either the Ursula or Triton building. Maybe someone else can give you some room numbers that are at the end closest to the Lion King section.

It was about a five - ten minute walk depending on your speed. It wasn't bad, but after a long day in the parks felt long. I tried cutting through the parking lot but I didn't felt that saved any time.

jpmsrivers
01-15-2014, 12:41 PM
I will try to request one of the buildings closer to the Lion King section. I had read somewhere they have a food cart or something set up near the rooms. Is this true? But I am assuming we would still have to walk to food court to refill our mugs? To top it all off...there is no discount for the little mermaid rooms for our travel dates! But it is her graduation trip and if little mermaid is what she wants then I guess little mermaid is what she gets! Just trying to prepare myself. :mickey:

TheVBs
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
The rooms are really cute! Our girls loved it. The buildings are all so close together, that I don't think it would significantly add to how far you have to walk, no matter which building you're in. Have fun! :mickey:

etibbetts
01-16-2014, 07:57 AM
I stayed there in November 2012 and they didn't have any food carts, but I have heard that they do that now. We had to go to the food court for mug refills. I wish they would put in a refill station at each pool, especially now that they have the RFID.

I know within the LM section it doesn't seem like far between one end and the other, but at when you're tired and finally get to the LM section, I really wished our room was at the end by LK and not way at the other side.

Katzateer
01-16-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't think it will matter what room you get in LM section - it is still a good walk. We liked the room. We have stayed in a Lion King suite and if you can pay the extra $$$$ the suites are very nice. Have a great time. The resort is fun to explore!

minnie04
01-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I stayed there in July. I not sure which side it was Triton or Ursula. It was the one on the parking lot side and it was fine. My DS and I would walk slowly to just take in all the cool stuff they have as you walk through LK. The Mermaid rooms are really cute and your daughter is going to love them, so it will be worth the walk in the end. Even as tired as we were, we enjoyed the stroll through LK so again it’s not bad at all…:mickey:

P.S. since your daughter has always wanted to be a mermaid. I would think she would love the Little mermaid building. Just for the fact that Ariel is the statue in front.. That would be cool...