PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove Celebration Package

merciantinkerbell
01-15-2014, 06:12 AM
Hi Everyone! We have Discovery Cove booked for the day of hubby's 50th birthday. Looking at the website, they do a celebration package for $129 which includes a personalised buoy, photo and gift. Anyone done this ? Worth the money ? Would like to make his day very special as he did for my 40th couple of years ago.

mom2morgan
01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
I haven't heard of that particular package - it seems a tad pricey to me considering how special the day already is, but if you can afford it, go for it. (I treated my 16 year old daughter to the "trainer for a day" program, so I know where you're coming from). At any rate, he is going to have a WONDERFUL day and I'm sure it will be super-special. We did it as a "once in a lifetime" thing, but we'd sure like to go back. It felt really pampered - the experiences were GREAT, of course, but even the lack of crowds, the free food, the changes of towels - felt very "resort-y". :cloud9:

merciantinkerbell
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
We did look at Trainer for the Day, even phoned Discovery Cove from here across the pond about it but with hubby's limited mobility it was not feasible for him to take part. That's why I thought about this other idea as a surprise. Apparently you do get to keep the buoy which I thought was a nice touch.

mom2morgan
01-30-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't think he'd care much for the trainer for a day - it was great for a 17 year old girl, but I don't think he'll miss it. the other idea sounds really nice :-)

merciantinkerbell
02-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. Another question if you don't mind. Are there plenty of parasols to lounge under? I always burn, never tan and that's a concern for me. Need shade even with the sunblock on! Hey ho, pale and interesting as the saying goes.

mom2morgan
02-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Sorry, didn't see this for a few days! i don't rea\lly remember if there are lots of parasols, as we were there on a COLD day so it wan't relevant. My recollection is mostly beach chairs without parasols, but hopefully I'm wrong! Sorry I can't be more helpful on that :-) One note on sunscreen - you aren't allowed to bring in any from the outside. I seem to recall them giving free samples of theirs, which are safe for the wildlife. My daughter says there was lots of treed shade by the club house, but the "beach" areas are more open.

merciantinkerbell
02-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks ever so for the help, advice and tips. I did read about the sunscreen, hoping its allergy safe! I don't know, hubby with limited mobility amongst his many medical problems and me with my allergies - we make a right pair!!! LOL. Decided I'm going to do the Celebration Package and not tell him so it will be total surprise. Here's looking forward to October. French Quarter here we come! :vacation:

mom2morgan
02-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks ever so for the help, advice and tips. I did read about the sunscreen, hoping its allergy safe! I don't know, hubby with limited mobility amongst his many medical problems and me with my allergies - we make a right pair!!! LOL. Decided I'm going to do the Celebration Package and not tell him so it will be total surprise. Here's looking forward to October. French Quarter here we come! :vacation:
Excited for you! Be sure to post when you get back :-)