PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2bd/2bth

Mickey's 4Walls
01-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Please tell me about this resort. I've always stayed on resort, but this year with the Visa card discount in May - POR is 4000. I can stay here and save $$$. Tell me what you think pls! :confused:

Mickey's 4Walls
01-22-2014, 09:36 PM
No one has ever stayed here?

VWL Mom
01-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Sorry, never stayed there but am bumping up you post.

Have to ask, how many nights are you staying at POR? Since the rates in May are running $150-200 per night, $4000 seems very high.

shellyb627
01-26-2014, 07:54 AM
We have stayed here several times and like it very much. The rooms have a kitchen. It is located in downtown Disney. We always get a car so don't use the shuttle (I hear that they now charge for the shuttle) We have found the location awesome! The pool has a small lazy river. The room is extremely spacious. One side has a king side bed with a bathroom attached, kitchen with large table, living room in the middle, then the other side has a room with 2 double beds. There is a second bath also. There is no Disney theming. Only negative they have NEVER let us check in prior to 4pm. That is strictly enforced. It is a non Disney hotel so cant attach park tickets etc, have a magic band, etc. etc. We don't have a problem with that...... We actually save $$ by staying here they go to Disney more often....

Eric87
01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
We just stayed there this past November. It was a great location. There are a few different pools. We were by the pirate pool with the lazy river. It was nice but nothing spectacular. There are no good food options. We ate at the pool bar, but it was typical fried bar food and sub par sandwiches. So we went grocery shopping and prepared a lot of our meals. We've never rented a car until this trip and have to say it was much more convenient than the Disney shuttles. Our room was in a building that had not been updated. They were working on the tower over from us. So our dishwasher had issues and wasn't draining and their handyman pretty much blew it off and said its old and will be replaced soon, so we had to hand wash everything. No big deal just didn't think id be hand washing dishes on my vacation. The views were great. We had a view facing DHS. Overall it was a nice change, but it's definitely not the same as staying on property. If you have any specific questions. Just let me know and I'll do my best to answer. Enjoy your trip.

Euby
02-06-2014, 06:03 AM
I have stayed there several times. When it was first being constructed they had a free mini-van that would run you to the parks. Now that they have numerous towers, there are coaches that will shuttle you to the parks for a fee. At one point, you were charged whether you used the shuttles or not. They discontinued that practice.

My last visit there I was with my parents who have a VIP-level Wyndham membership. Our room was sub-par. The furniture was actually peeling! Hopefully, things have improved.

The location is wonderful, but the size of the resort for me has gotten too big.

I will pass along a tip though... If you call first thing in the morning of the day that you are supposed to check in, you can request a room with a view of the fireworks. If they are able to put you in one (sorry can't remember the name of the tower or the room number), you can see both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT fireworks.
:fworks:

Disnini
02-06-2014, 02:53 PM
We have stayed here (at the Wyndham Grand-the hotel part) several times. We love it!! They usually upgrade me to an Epcot fireworks view room. There are about 8 pools on property. They are all very nice. There is a miniature golf course on property .as well, included in the fees. Each of the pool bars has a different menu ..nothing fancy but decent food. We have never tried the fancier restaurants because we usually eat big meals at WDW with TIW discount.
I recommend this hotel to friends when it is running discounts that makes it less expensive than staying on property. The location is very convenient to parks. I have never used the buses.