PDA

View Full Version : Arrival procedures???

*NikkiJ*
01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
We arrive by car Saturday morning...what are the typical arrival procedures for arriving by car? Pull up to the resort drop bags off then park? Check in and then get pass and park? How long can we leave the car outside the resort while we check in? We will have a cooler with some breakfast food for the resort, bring that with luggage?
Thanks in advance!

FYI I'm super excited! It's all I talk about! :mickey:

1DisneyNut
01-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Drive up to the check in area and park. Don't get your luggage out yet. Go check in and see if your room is actually ready. If so, grab your luggage out of the car, carry it up and then go park. If it is really busy, grab the luggage out and go ahead and park to make room for others.

If your room isn't ready, they can store your perishables in a refrigerator in guest services until you come back for them.

It is basically the same as any other every day hotel.

Janmac
01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
What the PP said. Park, go in for check in, come back out for stuff. I always ask where to put the car but also leave the keys in so they can move it (a little) in case they need to.

We usually do Valet Parking the first day. That was on our last trip $15 per day, no matter how many times your vehicle is parked. We have, when not doing Valet parking, informed the guys we'll be right back. They always say, no problem.

And we do have Bell Service bring our stuff up, which usually includes a cooler or two and often a plastic storage box of foodstuffs and/or decorations (DVC).

We usually do not do a park the first day but do eat at another resort, so the Valet Parking is handy for that resort. Subsequent days when you self park, you will not be charged for Valet Parking.

We tip a buck a bag and a couple dollars per parking. Haven't found extensive damage to the vehicle or luggage yet.

Jan

gerald72
01-15-2014, 07:31 AM
I park at the main building. Then check in.
If room is not ready I leave the car there until it is, with the suitcases inside.
If the room is ready, I drive to park near the room, then unload my suitcases into the room.

DisneyFan1979
01-15-2014, 09:50 AM
This answer in part depends on where you're staying. The last few times I have checked into the Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk we've been given a parking pass right away at the security booth. I'm guessing this is standard for all the deluxe resorts.

I've then driven up to the front--dropped off my traveling party and the bags and then gone directly to the self-parking area.

steamboat willy
01-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Now for the other end of the Resort Check-In at a Value Resort.
There is Parking Area straight across from the Registration Building. We pull into it FIRST and park our well packed SUV. We all get out after our 10 hour drive and go inside, Grandson goes straight to the TV showing epic Disney Cartoons, DW visits the Gift Shop for her first viewing of our trip and I take ALL the paperwork, I.D., Disney Visa, etc... to the next in line for check-in. All goes smoothly :thumbsup: and I receive our room keys (now BANDS) I assume, a parking Pass and a map with our Building and Room Number.
We walk outside for the First view of our Pool and proceed on to go check out the room. We have several special request due to Medical and other Reasons. Once we know this is our Room, I go back and get the car and park in the Calypso Building parking lot. Takes me about 3 Trips to unload the vehicle. I like to get ALL my pain over at one time, not really. Soon as I get every thing in the room, We can set by the pool and I can get a cold :beer:! We're Here!

*NikkiJ*
01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
We are staying at a moderate...my hope was to park quickly while we check in and drop off our bags and have the resort drop them off to our room later...We will be arriving around 10am Saturday and I doubt our room will be ready.

Either way we will drive the car to the closest parking lot to our building and off to a park we go!