PDA

View Full Version : Grocery / alcohol stop

Dream'nDisney
01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
We will have a rental car and will be heading from Universal Studios to WDW. Would the Super Walmart be an easy, and cost effective place to stop for a styrofoam cooler, alcohol and a few snacks for the room? Or is there an easier, more cost effective place to stop along the way?

Strmchsr
01-14-2014, 02:52 PM
In that area super Walmart or Target would be your best bet.

Dream'nDisney
01-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Okay. Thank you.

DryCreek
01-15-2014, 02:20 PM
There is a Walgreens just right across the street from the Portofino Bay Hotel. We walked to it last year when we did our first Universal stay. Their prices for adult libations were reasonable - and (big bonus) they were open on the Sunday we arrived!

Corner of Kirkman and Vineland Roads.

Dream'nDisney
01-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Good to know about the Walgreens. Thanks! We might walk over our first night staying at HR. We want to get snacks, fruit, breakfast food, juice, milk, beer and wine and a Styrofoam cooler for our stay at YC. They might have most of that, but our local Walgreens does not have fruit, so we will need a second stop.

Main Street Jim
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM
There is a Walmart Supercenter right on Turkey Lake Road, just south of Universal, so it'd be on your way to the WDW area:

8990 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819

It's less than 3 and a half miles from Universal. Head south on Turkey Lake Road from Universal, and it's on the right. Then, just stay on Turkey Lake Road until you get to Central Florida Parkway, and jump on I-4 Westbound there down to Disney (about two exits down).

JerseyDad
01-21-2014, 10:20 PM
...and closer to WDW ....5 minutes off I-4 ...there is a Walgreens at the corner of International Drive & Vineland Ave.

...we stopped there this past trip to get a prescription we forgot to bring with us (Dr phoned it in for us while we were 1/2 way to WDW) ...and discovered that they sell alcoholic beverages (great prices on wine btw) ...and we got a foam cooler that we needed because there were no fridges in the rooms.

...and ..though we didn't go need to shop for "food" ...there is a Publix right next to it ...so ...that seems somewhat convenient.

Dream'nDisney
01-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks JerseyDad. That might be a better option for us yet!

Main Street Jim
01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
...and closer to WDW ....5 minutes off I-4 ...there is a Walgreens at the corner of International Drive & Vineland Ave.Coming from Universal, it's on the "other side" (east) of I-4, but you'd need to get off at the SR 535 exit, turn left, turn left on Vineland Road (which runs parallel to I-4), then it hooks back around to International Drive...

The Turkey Lake Road Walmart is *right on the way* from Universal to Disney...

Dream'nDisney
01-25-2014, 03:06 PM
There is a Walmart Supercenter right on Turkey Lake Road, just south of Universal, so it'd be on your way to the WDW area:

8990 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819

It's less than 3 and a half miles from Universal. Head south on Turkey Lake Road from Universal, and it's on the right. Then, just stay on Turkey Lake Road until you get to Central Florida Parkway, and jump on I-4 Westbound there down to Disney (about two exits down).

This actually sounds perfect for our needs, and thank you for the address and directions!!