PDA

View Full Version : Family Gathering Trip - January 7th

Dulcee
01-14-2014, 10:40 AM
DH and I are up early again to go take the dogs to the park. Unfortunately they were doing some work to the dog park and its closed. We walk them but its not quite the same as letting them run and I'm a bit worried about them for the day since they haven't had a chance to blow off steam this morning.

Its COLD. The polar vortex is truly here. After the dogs DH and I head right to Epcot, we arrive by 8:15 just a few minutes after opening for extra magic hours. We need to show our keys to the kingdom card, I'm glad I had them since we didn't know we'd need them! We head back to test track first. Last trip we didn't get to design a car since we only used fast pass. We get on with maybe a 5 minute wait. DH loves designing the vehicle and I admit it makes the ride cooler when you see this part.

We're already frozen so we side track to starbucks. Say what you want about starbucks being in the parks, we LOVED it. Got a coffee and some breakfast sandwiches then ran back to the land to grab a warm table inside. After we try to get fast passes for the group for soarin, no dice. I didn't realize they had to be in the park to use the cards. Oh well. We head back to the car at this point. DH wants to return it to the villa and meet up with his family.

We meet everyone at the food court. In laws are dragging their feet yet again. Seriously I've never moved so slow in disney. Finally we get a bus to Epcot. On the bus I'm able to set up fast pass pluses for the day for everyone for Soarin, Spaceship Earth and the Seas. Once in DH and BIL run back to test track for fast passes for the group, they're rapidly going for the day. After we meet at mission space. Everyone rides but me, I don't like this ride on a good day, much less one filled with pregnancy nausea. I find a sunny, albeit cold, seat outside to wait. I also get an email from the kennel with pictures of our dogs which was great!

After this FIL wants coffee so we head to starbucks then back to Universe of Energy. While waiting for Universe of energy I'm able to easily move the time of our fast pass plus for spaceship earth. I like this feature a lot and it works well. We head to spaceship earth then grab lunch at the land. DH and I split the chicken Cesar salad.

We use our fast pass plusses for Soarin. After I want to ride the land, the inlaws are tired so we head on the ride while they sit out. After this its time to use our fast passes for test track. By now its getting late in the day, this is the only planned day for Epcot and I really wanted more time for World Showcase. MIL wants to do the seas. I decide not to fight and we head that way.

We get right on and then head into the aquarium. This is actually well timed as a trainer is working with one of the dolphins and we catch quite a bit. Finally we head back to World Showcase, starting in Canada. Only sad part is not partaking in alcohol around the world, such is life right? We work our way around but don't have time for my favorite, the American Adventure show, before dinner. In Japan I pick up my one purchase of the trip, japanese soup bowls and spoons. I even find a baby set!

We head into Germany. This was picked for dinner specifically for FIL. He's totally amused through the whole thing. The food here is good. Nothing amazing but solid. Dessert could be better at this one.

After we head outside to grab a spot for Illuminations. Its honestly made 32 degrees. I love the fireworks but watching them like this isn't the best way to do it. We bundle and make it through. After that its a walk back to the buses and a quick trip home.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I've been there when its cold, we had to buy sweatshirts it was so cold. Thanks for the report

faline
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I have also experienced really cold weather at Disney!! Brrrr!!! You still managed to get quite a lot done!!

yjgirl32
01-14-2014, 02:34 PM
We froze too last Nov when watching Illuminations. Its not fun. Thanks for sharing.

emerzmom
01-16-2014, 05:15 PM
I have never been to WDW when it was quite that cold. :freeze: It sounds like it was still a good day!
:tink:
Julie

hauntedmansiongirl
01-20-2014, 02:32 AM
Being cold is not fun at all! Thank goodness for hotel showers with unlimited hot water after a day like that!
:sled: :iceskate: