PDA

View Full Version : Are Tickets/ADR's... transferable within family??

Bruegge
01-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Kinda long set up for this one... Myself (Husband Father), DW, DD10 and DD15 are staying at GF for a week in June.

The girls wanted to do Afternoon Tea a the Grand. Since I wanted to stay with the family I said I would join them... against my will... Made the ADR for 4

Now... My sister and BIL said they will visit us that day from Tampa area. So I had the idea that I would give my Tea ADR to my sister and take my BIL over to Epcot for some "beer time".

He does not have a Fl season pass and I don't want to stick him (or me) with a park admission for the day just so we can do a beer walk at Epcot. I thought he could us my Wife's Wrist band to enter the park...

I realize that wrist bands should not be transferred... And if a CM is watching closely he will notice my wife's name as he checks in.

I would hate to lie about this to a CM ..."Oh he picked up the wrong wrist band at the hotel...etc" ...but I really don't think my intention is that Criminal.

We could just go to Downtown Disney but DBil and I have never done Epcot together and it would be a blast to do that, and escape Tea with the girls..

What do you guys think...

marlyn
01-13-2014, 11:54 PM
I believe that even with the magic bands, you do the finger scan....so it wouldn't work....and it's against disney policy.

Someone else will come along to confirm the finger scan thing, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

VWL Mom
01-14-2014, 07:01 AM
I believe that even with the magic bands, you do the finger scan....so it wouldn't work....and it's against disney policy.

Someone else will come along to confirm the finger scan thing, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Tickets are non transferable and you do need to scan your finger.

The ADR on the other hand is not a problem. Let your SIL take your place at the tea and you and your brother can enjoy a beer at the pool bar or even venture to DTD.

DizneyRox
01-14-2014, 07:01 AM
... I really don't think my intention is that Criminal.

It is.. It's not a Disney policy, it's Florida law... Probably pushed through legislature by the likes of Disney/Uniersal/etc, but it is against the law.

Tickets are non transferable...

faline
01-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Substituting a different person for your tea reservation is certainly ok.

Trying to enter the park with someone else's ticket/wristband is not okay. In addition to the scan of the band, the finger scan has to match as well. If it does not, someone will be asking the person trying to use the band for proof of identity to match against the band name.

Either go to Downtown Disney or pay for the park admission.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2014, 08:11 AM
If you go to Epcot you need to buy him a ticket. Why not go to DTD or do a resort hop instead?

Scar
01-14-2014, 10:04 AM
If you don't go to Epcot, you could try the monorail pub crawl. I think there's around 10 bars between the 3 resorts.

Bruegge
01-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Ok, got it.... It's a NO-NO

It's been 7 years... forgot about the finger scan part

Just thought I'd check.... Thanks for the info.

Looks like a monorail cruise or DTD..

Thanks,