PDA

View Full Version : 3 night Bahamian cruise? Nassau beaches?

r4kids
01-13-2014, 10:28 PM
First time cruisers.... We'd just like to relax on a nice, safe close beach with food options and restrooms close by. I've read about the Sheraton, Hilton and Wyndam. What's best? Most friendly price?

DizneyRox
01-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Nassau is a day at sea for us.. The pool on board is lovely and there's food galore...

Very safe...

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Not an answer to your question, but I think that a "sea day" while the ship is docked is a great idea, especially if it is your first time on a cruise. There is so much to do on the ship, kinda like a trip to WDW, you can never fit it all in.

Castaway Cay will more that satisfy your "beach day", it is just lovely.

But, I have heard from friends who really enjoyed the Wyndham beach, and they had no issues at all.

r4kids
01-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Is there something wrong with Nassau or it's not that nice? It looks neat to walk thru the shops and enjoy the beach. I guess what am I missing about Nassau that many don't feel is worth seeing? Thanks!!

DizneyRox
01-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I don't think it's your idea of a tropical paradise. A 3 night cruise is terribly short to begin with, there's so much to do see on the ship, I wouldn't waste time it on that particular island. There are others too that I consider "at Sea" days as well, but Nassau is high on that list.

Castaway Cay as mentioned will satisfy your beach craving for sure. I'm surprised that Disney doesn't stop there more often actually. as you'll surely want to trade Castaway Cay for Nassau after the cruise.

Lindsey310
01-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Don't love Nassau...but the beach at the Atlantis is beautiful. Clean & safe. Pay the $40 per person and go there for the day. :mickey:

25 days!!! :blush:

r4kids
01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Ok I will look into Atlantis :) Thank you all for your help!! :mickey:

cornfarmdave
01-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Another suggestion for you. We have went to cabbage beach on both our trips. It is the public beach adjacent to Atlantis resort. In fact the taxi service makes two stops the first at Atlantis the second at the beach. I think taxi fare was only $20 round trip for our family of four, much better than shelling out $160 for Atlantis's private beach. Many locals selling drinks in coconuts, necklaces, chair rentals etc. Safe and family friendly. At $20 you can stay as long or little as you like. Can't miss the taxi counter. Right in the shopping building that you must parade through as you exit the pier.

r4kids
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
A day to Atlantis is now $95!!!! Can't just do a beach day, they've included an aquarium tour.... So cabbage beach might be perfect!!!

cornfarmdave
01-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Wow $95. Here's hoping you catch some good waves and enjoy the beach:mickey

DizneyRox
01-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow $95.
Yeah, that's just insane! We just did a day at the Aquarium in Boston and spent less that $95 for admission for all of us combined! Hopefully something changed at Atlantis as I don't remember the Aquarium being much more than a few tanks and then the walk through tube... (and there was nobody there when we went)

r4kids
01-21-2014, 08:06 PM
That's what I've read! I'm not spending $400 for the beach.... We decided on Blue Lagoon beach day $60 person includes lunch, free floats, etc. much better!

susie & perla's mom
01-21-2014, 10:02 PM
And I was just gonna suggest that! We did both Atlantis and the Blue Lagoon Beach Day and prefer the Blue Lagoon - by far! Atlantis is just pretty in the picture, just like snow (if you know what I mean). When you mentioned you just wanna relax, Blue Lagoon in the perfect place for you. There are hammocks all over the island and plenty of shade. The only way you'll find a shade in Atlantis is when you stay inside the hotel. As for the beach, it is very safe. Twice we went to Atlantis and the waves were just too big for us to enjoy. Wheas in Blue Lagoon, well yes it is a lagoon. The waves are just nice and quiet.;)

r4kids
01-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Perfect!! I am even happier with our decision then :) Thank you!!

RBrooksC
07-07-2014, 07:57 AM
My wife and I are discussing a Halloween 2015 cruise.

We will be using the day at Nassau as a "Ship Day."

Do many people stay on board during the day at Nassau?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Do people stay onboard, yes. Does it make the ship crowded, no.

We did a bit of both. I got off and walked around for a couple of hours, and then headed back to the ship and enjoyed the quieter activities.