PDA

View Full Version : Family gathering trip - January 3rd

Dulcee
01-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Day 1 of vacation! The original game plan was to get up and out by 8 am. This was quickly foiled. First my morning sickness had kicked into high gear the second I got out of bed. Second DH's captain called and needed some photos off of his police camera before we took off.

DH ran out to take care of that while I tried to compose myself to travel. By 10 we said goodbye to the cat, loaded the dogs and were on our way.

We traveled south through charlotte, eventually heading east out to 95. By 8 we had made it into Orlando. Found a chinese take out restaurant and stopped for food before finding our hotel. Since we had the dogs we had booked the night before at the La Quinta Inn and Suites near the airport.

I was a little nervous. Our younger dog is just a year and had never done a hotel but he turned out to be just as good of a traveler as his sister. The hotel was nice, king size room was large and there was no fee for the dogs. There was also a nice long sidewalk loop for walking the dogs. If your traveling with dogs I'd recommend it.

By 11 we finally all fell asleep. Magic kingdom tomorrow!

faline
01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Despite the delayed start, it all worked out!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Not a bad start

princessgirls
01-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Good Start!

Congratulations on being pregnant!!

Enjoy it morning sickness and all!

Julie:mickey:

MrPeetrie
01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't know why, but I get excited hearing about the start of other people's trips. Maybe I'm juxtaposing my own excitement regarding the starts of our own trips, but I'm glad to hear your trip is off to a good start.

Looking forward to next report.