PDA

View Full Version : Guest Assistance Pass

Catzle
01-10-2014, 09:22 PM
I know there is a new system for those who may need assistance with standing in lines due to the abuse of the old system. From what I understood they give you a pass based on the wait time correct? Since the lines will now be way long due to only allowing 3 fast passes wondering if the new system works. Anyone been able to go on the new guest assistance pass? Wondering how it is working out?

Strmchsr
01-11-2014, 07:45 AM
It worked fine for us. You get a pass with a specific time to come back and when you come back at that time you get in right away. It accomplishes the purpose that you don't have to stand in a long line if you're unable for some reason but also kills abuse as there is no real benefit to it in terms of time. It doesn't allow you to just jump from ride to ride to ride as people were doing. But, while you're waiting on your return time you can do whatever you want - eat, shop, rest, ride something with a short line, etc. We had no problem with it. Just make sure to go to Guest Services as they will give the person with the need a photo id for the DAS (new name). That also cuts the abuse of folks getting the old GAC for grandpa and then the rest of the family using it while grandpa sat in a restaurant. The person with the need has to actually get the pass and use it.

Disney4us2
01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
It has worked for me so far. I use it along with fastpasses and have had no issues. I like that you can get a DAS for an attraction and can return anytime after the written return tine. I used it yesterday for Test Track. The stand by time was 70 minutes. I didn't get to go back until several hours past my return time. Had no problems and at that time there was no one else in the fast pass line when we entered.

Terra
01-11-2014, 09:13 PM
It's sadly not working too well for us :( My son who is high anxiety along with his ASD/OCD/SPD can barely tolerate being in one spot for too long. Without out melting down, screaming, licking, etc.

It would help if you could get at least 2 at time. We do the write in then get a fast pass for something and try to find something else to do, but it doesn't always work out as well as before.

He's good for about 15 minutes so if any standby line is over 15 minutes we're up a creek.
He deals much better with a get in and out approach and freaks out, goes into panic attacks, etc.

We lucked out last time and the lines were not too bad to begin with and things flowed. The last time, not so much and we ended up leaving after a few hours [thank goodness we have passes and live 40 minutes away!] But I'm disappointed that it's not the experience it was.

But I *am* glad that it's working well for many :)

Pirate Granny
01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
I personally wouldn't wait to use my pass for hours after you can...you cannot get another pass until you use the first and it's crossed off on your card. Not sure how FP+ works or if you are limited to use one or the other.

clausjo
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Not sure how FP+ works or if you are limited to use one or the other.

This is my question. Does FP+ restrict the DAS at all? We used DAS very briefly while we were there in November over the Wine and Dine weekend, but didn't have any fastpasses (traditional or +). We're going in June and were wondering if you can use both systems at the same time?

tinklover
01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
yes, you can use both Fastpass+ and the new DAS at the same time. It is actually encouraged that you do so, just as it was with the GAC.

clausjo
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Great! We used to do this, but with the new FP+ I wasn't sure. :mickey: