PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House

Minniemomma
01-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Ok, I need your experience. I am a BIG fan of Boma! We love it and have eaten there many times. But this trip we are not staying at AKL and to save time we were thinking about trying Tusker House. Is it similar in price, in quality, and in type of food? I'm afraid that I love Boma so much that I am clearly setting myself up for a disappointment. Thanks.

joonyer
01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Tusker House has a different atmosphere than Boma, and has character meals. I think the food is better at Boma, IMO. We have outgrown paying premium prices for characters now, but that's us. I think you will enjoy Tusker House, but don't go in expecting it to be like Boma.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
We love Boma too and make it our last breakfast meal as we're heading out. However, Tusker House is great too !! The food is a lot different, the feel is certainly different as there are character interactions but if you've never tried it, I think you will be pleasantly suprised. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
We love Boma. All things being equal with your question, we'd choose Boma over TH. But TH is also a nice place with good food, and it'd be a new experience - so don't hesitate to try something new. That's fun, too! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

JanetMegan
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
We personally love Tusker House for breakfast (no kids here). I think it is one of the tastiest breakfasts on property but it's not as "exotic" in it's offerings as Boma.

mozman
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
I believe Tusker House only does character meals for breakfast. Dinners and not character meals. I ate there for dinner while there in November. I enjoyed the food, which is different from the Boma offerings. Our waiter was great. My daughter has food allergies (dairy and nuts) and we were there for her birthday, so the chef made a bowl from a pineapple and filled it with fruit. Plus the waiter brought over a ton of special cookies (almost like a sugar cookie) that she could eat. She loved it all.

My preference would be Boma, but if you're not stay in AKL and don't have a car, it's quite inconvenient to get to AKL via Disney shuttles. I think you would still enjoy eating dinner at Tusker House.

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2014, 01:44 AM
While Tusker House doesn't have the wide variety of exotic dishes Boma has, there are quite a few carry-over dishes from one to the other. I think they have the special fruit juice blend at Tusker House, but perhaps others on the board could confirm that.

On the other hand, I hate to miss that roast ham with the mustard sauce they have at Boma.

It's a tough choice.

Jen1984
01-11-2014, 04:48 PM
While Tusker House doesn't have the wide variety of exotic dishes Boma has, there are quite a few carry-over dishes from one to the other. I think they have the special fruit juice blend at Tusker House, but perhaps others on the board could confirm that.

On the other hand, I hate to miss that roast ham with the mustard sauce they have at Boma.

It's a tough choice.

They do have that special juice at Tusker House- it's lovely! We've eaten there twice now, for breakfast and lunch. Lunch won out for us, but we're not huge breakfast people tbh. We have had breakfast at Boma also, but wouldn't say that it's any better than Tusker House (although I'm still waiting to try dinner, which I think I would prefer!) The character interaction was great on both occasions. I'd say give it a try, I don't think you'll regret it!

Gator
01-13-2014, 12:10 PM
We did this for the first time on our last trip. We ate a lunch there, which includes characters. First, the food is really good. I actually liked it better than Boma's, but then again, I wasn't blown away when I ate there. Also, with the characters there, it makes it fun if you have kids.