PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band Bling Warning

DisnIse
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Just a quick heads up, the decorations available for the Magic Bands are ADORABLE. Super cute. BUT, my two boys bought the Incredibles and Phineas and Ferb sets and lost more than half of the Jibbitz within the first two days.
The fabric covers are probably a much better option. Just my 2 cents!

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I remember when Disney Crocs were all the rage! Many people reported that the jibbitz didn't stay in securely. If I remember correctly Disney fixed the problem by making the back larger and less likely to come loose. I know that when my kids had them we never had issues with their jibbitz coming loose.

Hopefully, if this continues to be a problem Disney is aware of it and they can fix it.

Ms. Mode
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
We had the same problem; out of 4 adults we lost 6 jibbitz :)

ginny57
01-10-2014, 02:26 PM
I used my bands for 2 trips over 11 days and mine stayed secure. I park hopped and hit the pool and hot tub - no problems. I even moved them from band to band (since I had 3 ressies I got 3 sets of bands).

CanadianWDWFan
01-10-2014, 04:10 PM
We never tried the Jibbitz except for the sliders.

We got the fabric covers with Star Wars for our youngest, who hates anything "rubber-like" on and there were no issues. Now the issue is with the bands themselves being removed often, my oldest broke off one of his clasp pins. So we got one of the sliders to help keep it on and they don't come off very easily.

SurferStitch
01-13-2014, 12:08 PM
I didn't have any issues with my Tinkerbell and butterfly inserts. The Tink is pretty big, and would sometime snag when I would put on a long sleeved shirt, but never came out. I even tugged on them a few times to see how secure they were, and they never budged.

I had no faith in them staying on, but I was pleasantly surprised.