PDA

View Full Version : Engagement photo session - any recommendations?

DisneyLove
01-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Good morning all!

My (new!) fiancé :cloud9: and I are heading down to the World for a family vacation in a few weeks, and I'd really like to do an engagement photo session. After some quick online research, I'm a bit hesitant to go with Disney Fine Arts Photography (seems like it can be really hit or miss), and for that much money, it scares me a bit. I'd be happy with a resort photo session (thinking OKW, since that's our favorite resort), which opens it up to outside photographers. For folks who have had any photography done there (either wedding/engagement/general portraits), do you have any suggested photographers that you really liked? On the flip side, is there someone you've worked with that didn't meet what you were looking for and would thus advise against? Any other tips or suggestions?

Thank you, thank you!

Cinderelley
01-12-2014, 04:08 AM
I can't give you any recommendations. I just wanted to say :congrats:

DizneyRox
01-12-2014, 09:01 AM
For our wedding we used Disney photography and were very apply. They have access that outside photographers don't/won't have. Our wedding pictures include spots on Cinderella Castle that are off limits, pictures on the merry go round without anyone else on the ride, etc.

For videography those we went outside, Disney was new to wedding videography at the time and we didn't have a good feeling.

Yes, I think at the time our photography package was close to $2.5K, well worth it IMHO.

KODABEAR
01-12-2014, 06:34 PM
:knit::old:We did the Disney photo session in December, at the Beach Club. Cost $150 you get a "wand" (thumb drive ) which you can take anywhere to have your pic's made. We shared using letterbox so all family members (6) were able to have have access. Some used Walgreen, Walmart etc. We used the Disney lab and really saw ,no big difference.:cloud9: