PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles allowed on Campsite?

steamboat willy
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Family members will be driving down next month pulling camper and staying at Fort Wilderness Campground. My niece & her friend will be driving separately, but staying in the camper also. My question is: Will they allow a camper, tow vehicle and my nieces vehicle ALL on the camp site OR will they have to park in the parking lot at the registration area. Will they also get a parking permit for their 2nd vehicle.

It's still FUN helping others find out about their DISNEY TRIP before we start ours too!

faline
01-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Typically, there is space for one vehicle at the campsite. Additional vehicles would be asked to park at the Outpost Parking area. As long as they are registered guests, they should still be able to get a parking sticker for the additional vehicle.

Wilderness guy
11-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I am posting this just as a friendly reminder to any who may be reading this thread. One of the few things I don't like about FW is that the roads are fairly narrow, and when there are multiple vehicles parked on a site, it can make backing a big rig (my motorhome is 38') into my site VERY challenging. There have been times when I have had to ask to be moved to another site simply because I could not get past all of the cars and trucks on the site opposite the one I was trying to back into. So, if you are going to have friends and family come visit, wonderful. Share the love. Just please be considerate of others who are coming and going.

TheRustyScupper
11-27-2014, 02:14 PM
1) We allow one vehicle per campsite.
2) Extras are parked in the overflow lot. *
3) A parking pass is not permission to park everything AT or ON your site
4) It is easy access to the resort.
5) You still must park extra vehicles in the lot.

* We are getting tighter on this rule, and forcing
folks to move cars, especially in busy times. Yes,
some escape us, but Security is getting better at it.

Kenny1113
11-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Ditto to what the PP have said. When we stayed in the cabins we were allowed one at at the cabin the other had to park at the lot with a pass.