PDA

View Full Version : Part Eight - December 15 and 16

faline
01-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Sunday, December 15 is our last full day at Disney. We do not set the alarm and wake up around 7:30. We have thee early fastpass + for today but I am not going to worry about them. Still, we arrive at the Haunted Mansion with 15 minutes to spare for our first. We use it but it still feels like a waste since the standby line is non-existent. Peter Pan also has a short line so we are able to ride that. I don't remember the exact order but we ride It's a Small World (5 minute standby); Philharmagic; Big Thunder Mountain with fastpass +(once again not really needed with a 20 minute standby line); Pooh with a traditional fastpass; Buzz Lightyear (10 minute standby); Wedway People Mover; and Pirates (fastpass + - again unneeded). By time we use our last fastpass +, it's after noon so we hop the monorail to the Poly and have a nice lunch at Kona Cafe. After lunch, we take the monorail to the Grand Floridian and check out the decorations there.

Back to the monorail and off to Epcot. We wander through Mousegears but purchase nothing. We head to World Showcase, starting with Mexico. We ride the Gran Fiesta tour. There is a bit of a scary incident at the end of the ride. A little girl exiting the boat in front of us somehow slips and her foot is caught between the boat and the dock. It takes a few minutes but it appears they are able to get her free after removing her shoe. There is a 20 minute line for Norway but we stand in it. We wander through shops as we wander around the Showcase. It is around 4 by now. Candlelight Processional is still an hour away. The standby line is very long but the line for the dinner side is just as long! By time we get to Japan, my feet are starting to get tired. We finish our circuit but no longer linger or wander in the individual countries. We exit the park and head to our bus stop.

At home, feet up for a while. I check and am able to book dinner at The Wave. Bus back to Magic Kingdom. Walk to Contemporary. We are seated almost immediately. I have steak; Gene the swordfish. Both of us are satisfied with our meals. Reverse process. Walk to Magic Kingdom. Bus home.

Monday December 16. Time to go home. We get up and pack. Drag bags to be checked across the street to the baggage check desk and get our boarding passes. With time available, we stop into Olivia's and have breakfast. Back to room to grab our carryons. Into car. Off to airport. Drop off car.

Apparently Orlando Airport no longer offers expedited security for JetBlue customers so we need to shuffle our way through the regular masses. Once again I'm required to go through a brief pat down - not sure what they think they are seeing. Plane gets in late. Even so, we arrive in Boston just about on time. Brrrr!!! It is cold at home!! My brother-in-law picks us up and deposits us at home.

Trip over.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for the report

KylesMom
01-07-2014, 02:51 PM
It sounds like FP+ was hit and miss for you - definitely a different way of touring when you find you don't need the FPs. I am sorry you ended up with a cold, Linda - I know how that can really put a damper on any trip, let alone one to Disney. Sounds like Sam had another fun vacation and you were able to spend a lot of time with your extended family this time.

As always, it's so fun to tag along with you and Gene. Thanks for sharing all the details with us! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Boooo....Trip Over.

Thanks so much Linda sharing your adventures in WDW!!

Welcome back to the tundra. I hope we thaw out at some point!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
01-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Great trip report- thanks for sharing.

DisneyBarb
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Sorry your trip is over and you are back to the cold and snow! Great reports, thanks for posting!

vizsla
01-23-2014, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the report.