PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten - lunch or dinner?

DisneyLove
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
We are heading down to the world in a few weeks for a family vacation (5 of us). My fiancé really wants to eat at the biergarten in Germany. Any recommendations on whether we should try for dinner or lunch? It looks like the buffet is the same, but since we are going for the experience (music/show) etc. is one better than the other for that? Of course we figure the :beer: will be good either way!!

Thanks for any sage advice!

Scar
01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
As far as I can tell, the entertainment is the same. I do however remember there being a few items missing from the buffet for lunch as compared to dinner. Lunch was cheaper though.

SBETigg
01-05-2014, 11:25 AM
As far as I can tell, the entertainment is the same. I do however remember there being a few items missing from the buffet for lunch as compared to dinner. Lunch was cheaper though.

Lunch has most of the same items, but not all. Dinner also has Braised Beef Roulades,
Sauerbraten (Marinated Pot Roast),
Potato Dumplings with Bread Crumb Butter, and
Herring Salad Schleswig Holsteiner Style-- four items missing from the lunch buffet. Maybe not much of a difference for the price.

Last I saw listed for the entertainment schedule was:
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:05 & 8:05pm Length of show: 25 minutes

So they are on and off all day starting at 1:15 and ending with the 8:05 show.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I'd go for lunch. It is one of our favourites, for either lunch or dinner. But, the show is as good at lunch, the :beer: is as good and you might as well save a bit of $$.

retiredfigment
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Lunch!!! Then you can walk off all the good food:)

PETE FROM NYC
01-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Dinner. I can't imagine eating German without the saurbraten. Its good.

AgentC
01-06-2014, 10:02 PM
We usually do lunch. The extra items are not worth the price increase for us to do dinner.

DisneyLove
01-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the input! Since folks seem to be happy with lunch, I'm going try for a lunch ADR! Cheers!

Hammer
01-08-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm going against the grain and say I prefer dinner. Don't get me wrong; I really enjoyed lunch, but I love being able to have sauerbraten and rolades at dinner. I'm 50% German, though, and love that type of food.

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Lunch is cheaper and I hate Sauerbraten. I really do. Some people love it (for some people it is an ethnic favorite for the holidays!). The beer costs the same all day long.

Either way, I do love the place. It is our traditional first meal at WDW for each trip.

Davy Crockett
01-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Always a must do for our family and I'd lean toward going to dinner so that she can get the full experience especially if you are on the DDP (cost the same TS credit). Food, Beer and Entertainment and did I say Beer. Reminds me of all the good times I had when I worked in the Bavarian region of Germany. Enjoy your trip!

PrincessPixidust
01-22-2014, 10:33 AM
I found a way to enjoy both lunch and dinner a few trips back... if you make a ressie for about 30-45 minutes PRIOR to "dinner seating" you will get lunch prices but dinner menu. They seat straight through and just add the dinner items to the buffet.

Our German waiter was very gracious to clue us in on this little fact...

I always give this helpful advice if you're paying out of pocket but if you're using the DDP, it doesn't make any difference.

PROST! :beer: