PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich ?

mickclub1955
01-05-2014, 09:09 AM
We leave home tomorrow and were thinking of eating here when we arrive on Tuesday. Looked at the menu and saw the prices. How big are the sandwiches here. With the prices I saw this is either a really good bargain or the sandwiches are finger sandwiches. $4 and $5 for a sandwich at WDW?

Christine
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
No small sandwiches here! Hearty large sub sized masterpieces! My recommendations: the holiday (turkey, dressing, gravy, cranberries) the hot ham and cheese, and the BLT.
I think earl is a huge value and high quality dining experience! Enjoy-- my bet is you'll make it back there again during your trip! :mickey:

SBETigg
01-05-2014, 11:19 AM
It's not a fancy place, more of a counter service with seating. But yes, the sandwiches are large and filling, delicious, plenty of variety. It's a good bet for the budget-conscious, and for anyone who enjoys a good hearty sandwich.

disneymom15
01-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Totally agree. Great sandwiches at a great price.

Anthony007
01-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Excellent sandwiches.......my wife and usually order 3, and share. One is ALWAYS the BBQ Hawaiian.

Spartan_Jeff
01-05-2014, 11:56 AM
great sandwiches, but they aren't big. I can eat 2 without any trouble.

JerseyDad
01-05-2014, 01:10 PM

....kinda' my feeling about the place too. In all sincerity ...I don't "get" the place. It's a sandwich shop ...with really nothing that I'd deem to be a "must eat" item ...and as mentioned ...not extraordinary when referring to the portion size.

....if you have a craving for a 'Thanksgiving-like" sandwich with the turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce ...then I can see the allure...because it's generally a 'seasonal ' offering. But every other sandwich or wrap item that I saw on the menu when there ...was something that I could get in any deli / sandwich shop.

....ate there twice ...I was not "wowed" either of the times. It's pretty much like a Subway ....and Subway, offers $5 foot-long sandwiches. I didn't bring my ruler to Earl of Sandwich ...so I can't tell if they had foot-long subs ...though from just eyeballing it ...they didn't seem to be.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
My husband and I eat here every trip. We usually get a sandwich and bowl of soup each (love the tomato soup) and we leave quite satisfied.

Worth a try, at least once, if you enjoy this type of food I think.

buzznwoodysmom
01-05-2014, 05:30 PM

Wow! I guess it just depends on the person because I usually can't finish just one.

We love Earl! Love, love, love the holiday sandwich. I am so glad it's offered year round now. I am also a fan of the Hawaiian BBQ. My family has tried a wide variety of the sandwiches here and we have never been disappointed. Also love their broccoli soup.

Melanie
01-05-2014, 05:35 PM
We like Earl a lot! Was so glad they added one at DTD in Disneyland. That said, I've never considered their sandwiches 'huge', compared to say sandwiches at Applebee's or Chili's, etc. They aren't petite though, either.

Sylvia
01-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Earl is a must on every WDW vacation, typically, 2 times. Our favorites are the Hawaiian BBQ, Earl's Club, and Earl's Original. The roll is very delicious and crusty, and complements the fillings. We also order a side. My typical side is the potato salad, but last visit I also tried the mac and cheese. The sandwich, together with the side dish is enough for a nice filling meal. The Earl also offers free refills on fountain beverages. which is also a nice perk.

Only 4 months to go for our next Earl visit.

mickclub1955
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Just wanted to say thanks. We ate there today for lunch. DW ate the chicken chipotle and I got the montague. We shared and it was enough and delicious. Next stop: The Wave.

Johnno52
01-07-2014, 10:18 PM
We ate there yesterday and had the "Holiday Turkey" sandwich which we really enjoyed. DW couldn't finish her (as always).
I agree with all the positive answers and as for portion size its not an issue with us as mentioned. Adding a soup or a bread pudding dessert which we sometimes do if I'm really hungry.
:thumbsup:

Kerry823
01-07-2014, 10:32 PM
We always eat here and find it to be delicious, a good portion size and a welcome budget friendly place to eat. My favorite is the BBQ Hawaiian. I would not compare it to a subway. Much better quality food here. My family usually eats one half and takes the other half back to the hotel for a snack later. Give it a try....we have never been disappointed.

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2014, 11:52 PM

Exactly... The sandwiches are great but I'd hardly call them big or huge... I can get a larger sandwich at my local blimpe base or Subway...