PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed

KEYONNAH
01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
I have no kids of my own so I usually take my nieces and nephews. Last time I took a friend's kid. I'm considering taking my best friend's youngest who is almost 7 on my next trip. My dilemma is that she is one of six and I'm not sure what to tell the other kids on why she gets to go and they don't. I love all 6 of them but can't afford to take them all or have the sanity to handle that many. :confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-05-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't know what you could tell them that would make it seem fair unless you've already taken the others at different times. :(

Pirate Granny
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
This is a hard one....no way to avoid hard feelings. Is she the youngest? Has the family been to Disney before? I have 4 GK and when we took one last summer (4 yr old) we explained that they would each get there special alone trip. The two oldest talked (7 yrs old) and decided that they wan to go together. Bonus for us, and we are planning a June 2015 trip for them, with the youngest getting her trip in 2016. Which will makes her 7 as she has to fly alone from Denver into Orlando!

SBETigg
01-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Unless you plan on taking all six eventually, that's rough. It's bound to cause hurt feelings. There's no avoiding it. How does the mom feel about this? I would start with her.

I don't see why you need a kid to go and have fun, though. There is so much at WDW designed for adults to enjoy. Leave the kids at home and take that mom. With six kids, I bet she needs a break. Or take another grown-up friend for a change and see a different side of Disney.

KEYONNAH
01-05-2014, 02:17 PM
My friend wants to take them all eventually. She tried to play around to get an estimated price and it told her error when she put in 8 people. The older 2 may understand and one of the boys has such behavior issues that I couldn't handle him. But the other 2 boys would get upset

buzznwoodysmom
01-05-2014, 05:42 PM
That's a really tough one.

As a mom my answer to you would be "thanks so much for the offer, but it just won't work out". I couldn't imagine explaining to my kids that only one of them was chosen for this kind of trip.

Like someone else suggested if your plan was to eventually take each one on their own special trip it would be different. Or if that one particular child was your God child or something like that. But to just randomly pick one of them while leaving the others out just seems kinda mean.