PDA

View Full Version : Last minute cruise on the Magic...need some advice

wdwnutz
01-04-2014, 02:45 PM
We've only been on one cruise, 4 nights on the Dream to Bahamas, so I have lots of questions about another cruise! Trying to book a last minute 3 night cruise on the Magic (Jan 31st) for a long weekend away from the snow! Just looking for the cheapest room which is an inside stateroom with restrictions, what exactly does that mean? ($1049 for 2 adults & 1 child) Has anyone been on the Magic since it was refurbished, if so how did you like it? Also have you been on itinerary D? Lastly, how is the weather? Any other advice would be helpful! Thank you.

Christine
01-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I do not have the answers to your room, itinerary, or refurb questions, BUT I can tell you that of the 3 DCL ships we have been on, the Magic is our FAVORITE! It's so intimate, has perfect service, and is just beautiful! The refurb has received nothing but rave reviews! I believe you're in for the time of your life! Enjoy and let us know how it goes when you return!!

BrerGnat
01-05-2014, 01:06 PM
"Restrictions" means that the cruise fare is due in full u
Immediately and there are NO cancellations or changes allowed. You cannot choose your cabin; one will be assigned to you and you can NOT change it, so your room may be in a less desirable area. You likely will be given second dinner seating at this point and may not have the ability to switch to the early seating. These rates are "last minute" deals to fill up the ship, hence the restrictions. IMO, they are a great value.

Haven't been on the Magic but really want to try it.