PDA

View Full Version : New Moderate Resort Theme???

jaredkari
01-02-2014, 10:56 PM
My wife and I were discussing if WDW were to build another moderate resort (which we wish they would) what would be the theme?

I suggest building near AK and instead of an African theme do more of an Asian theme?

Any thoughts??? What theme would you like to see??:mickey:

tundramom
01-02-2014, 11:52 PM
I would think an Asian theme would have wonderful possibilities! I'd vote for that:number1:

mickclub1955
01-03-2014, 12:12 AM
You do know that they were going to build an Asian Resort where the Grand Floridian is now? It was one of the original hotels in the Master Plan.

Gator
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see a mod resort that resembles New England. You know, with a very colonial feel. Make it look like Liberty Square at MK and call it Freedom Square or Independance Coast.

brownie
01-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see a mod resort that resembles New England. You know, with a very colonial feel. Make it look like Liberty Square at MK and call it Freedom Square or Independance Coast.

That has some possibilities!

ljgirl
01-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Is the Grand Floridian changing???

mickclub1955
01-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Is the Grand Floridian changing???
No, not that anyone has heard. They just opened the new DVC villas there.

ajwgroomer
01-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I love the colonial theme idea! My idea wouldn't be for a moderate resort really but more a multi resort. Seeing how WDW is fairy tales, castles, princesses and so on I have yet to understand why they haven't made a castle resort. They could make a deluxe, moderate and value resort all on one property. Your main castle part could be your deluxe, your outer building could be your moderate and then your "royal stables" could be your value. Of course "Disneyfy" it tho! They could model it after Windsor or Warwick castle or something like that. I think that would be so freakin awesome!:D

nfrustaci
01-27-2014, 11:46 PM
hmmm maybe the "stables" wouldn't be the best for a value lol however you could do the towns buildings as a value area. just a thought, but absolutely love the way you think. Perhaps a visionary position in Disney would be appropriate for you. ;)

Bruegge
01-28-2014, 07:46 AM
hmmm maybe the "stables" wouldn't be the best for a value lol however you could do the towns buildings as a value area. just a thought, but absolutely love the way you think. Perhaps a visionary position in Disney would be appropriate for you. ;)

Well you got to have twice as many Value rooms as Deluxe... so how about "The Stables" and "The Kitchen" or maybe "The Servant's Quarters"

Just kidding ....

Katzateer
01-28-2014, 09:34 AM
I love what they have done with the AOA resort and I think it is more of a moderate resort with the suites ( price, inside hallways).

Not sure if this would be a good moderate or value idea, but I think a resort themed cats and dogs resort would be fun. I love the Disney dogs and cats. With so many people that travel with pets, I think the rooms would fit well with a pet- friendly room set up. A space in each room for the pet - doggy privacy runs in the dog section and cat sun/climbing rooms in the cat resort. Not all the rooms would have to allow pets but maybe just one section on the outer edges of each side of the resort. And a dog exercise park in the dog section would be fun. Maybe Disney would attract dog or cat shows to the area - they could build a dog showing ring building in the complex and an outdoor dog agility/pool area for shows.

Janmac
01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
There's always talk of a Villians park, why not a Villians moderate resort in the AK area?

My first thought, at the top of this thread, was of a Casbah kind of resort.

Maybe there could be sister resorts around a lagoon/waterway - lots of recreational possibilities - with a moderate having Casbah, pyramids and [something] else areas and a sister resort with different Villians areas on the other Africa (Jafar and Scar) medieval (Maleficient, etc.), and modern (Cruella, etc.).

Altho this sounds more Value, than moderate?

Jan

JoDisney
01-28-2014, 05:03 PM