PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs ?

polarbear72834
01-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Staying at Pop Century and with my package I'm supposed to get refillable mugs. My question , is there a limit on how many times you can fill these mugs up while we are at the resort ? Like one of my days planned is sort of a rest day , so if I wanted to refill my mug with coffee three or four times or even more that day, would that be allowed ? Oh and are drinks like coffee and soda really free with the mugs ?

treber02
01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Coffee and soda as well. Get as many refills as you want::mickey:

sorcerer fan
01-03-2014, 09:34 AM
and you can use them at any other Disneyworld resort too:thumbsup:

SuprDav
01-03-2014, 09:47 AM
We as a family must have a cup or two of coffee to get going in the mornings. We are booked for the Wilderness Lodge in March and our meal plan also includes the mugs. Can anyone tell me what brand or what quality coffee I can expect? I'm not a coffee snob or anything like that but I do want it to be good. Thanks!

Gator
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Unlimited drinks! If you spend any amount of time at a resort, that mug becomes your best friend.

PopPhan
01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
We as a family must have a cup or two of coffee to get going in the mornings. We are booked for the Wilderness Lodge in March and our meal plan also includes the mugs. Can anyone tell me what brand or what quality coffee I can expect? I'm not a coffee snob or anything like that but I do want it to be good. Thanks!

I believe that the coffee that they serve in the resorts in now Joffrey's. When I stayed at Pop last month it wasn't too bad. Definitely a few steps up from the Nescafe swill that they used to serve.

mudpuppysmom
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
We stayed at CBR in November and you had to wait 2 minutes between fill ups. I know this because DS2 decided he didn't want one drink and when I went to refill it I had to wait. Other than that.....any drink as much as you like! Coffee wasn't Nescafé, but DH didn't say what it was.

*NikkiJ*
01-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Anyone have a picture of the mugs for 2014?

steamboat willy
01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
We stayed at CBR in November and you had to wait 2 minutes between fill ups. I know this because DS2 decided he didn't want one drink and when I went to refill it I had to wait. Other than that.....any drink as much as you like! Coffee wasn't Nescafé, but DH didn't say what it was.

No Limit until END of Day on your check-out date. Last visit Oct 2013, the only No Drink time was directly after filling. It even has a timer message that tells you how much time (minutes) until next refill. It also tells you how long the individual mug is active till.
NOTE: If your on the dining plan (Free or not) that comes with a drink at each meal and having a meal at your Resort, TAKE YOUR MUG, use that to get your drink, go to the drink case an get a bottled coke, etc. And take the unopened drink back to the room. Filled my cooler for the 10 hour drive back home.

Kerry823
01-09-2014, 06:46 PM
and you can use them at any other Disneyworld resort too:thumbsup:

I believe you can only use your cup at the resort you are staying in now with the RFID chip. Does anyone know for sure ?

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I believe you can only use your cup at the resort you are staying in now with the RFID chip. Does anyone know for sure ?

I thought I read somewhere that one of the new "rules" was that the mugs are now good for use at any of the WDW resorts during your vacation, not just at the resort in which you are staying.

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Anyone have a picture of the mugs for 2014?

As far as I know the mugs are still the old swimming pool theme. Someone on another Disney message board mentioned that a CM at pop century told her that new mugs were coming soon. This was the reason the CM gave as to why pop was running low on mugs and was completely out of the Orange ones.

I lean towards "I'll believe it when I see it" since the "new" mugs with the RFID chip only came out less than a year ago. I would think Disney has a pretty good supply of them still. But, who knows! I would love to see a new mug design, even tho we have no plans to go to Disney this year.

marlyn
01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I thought I read somewhere that one of the new "rules" was that the mugs are now good for use at any of the WDW resorts during your vacation, not just at the resort in which you are staying.

:thumbsup:That is correct. :-)

Sylvia
01-12-2014, 01:15 AM
When we were in WDW in August 2013, my family wanted to visit CBR, since it was the resort Mom really loved as her "Disney home away from home". We also stopped at Old Port Royale for a snack before heading back to ASMu. I noticed that there was a sign posted which advised that the refillable RFID mug was good for the length of stay at any resort. I verified this with a CM, who confirmed that the RFID mug could be used at any beverage location equipped with RFID readers. We had one mug with us, so we decided to get a beverage, and it worked nicely.:mickey::thumbsup:

Dream'nDisney
01-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Which package offers the free mugs?

PopPhan
01-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Unless they JUST changed that rule, you can get drinks at ANY WDW resort with your RFID mug.

When I resort-hopped for the Christmas decorations, back in early December, I took my mug with me and refilled at each resort before I left.

steamboat willy
01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Which package offers the free mugs?

Any of the dining plans, even Free Dining when offered. Quick Service, Basic and above. We've had Free Dining, Counter Service and Basic Plan w/ Free Mugs and unlimited refills on our last 4 Trips at least. :beer:
Another bit of information, with the Dining Plans, you get a Drink at every meal. When dining at a Disney Resort, take your mug to use for that meal but go by the drink case and claim your Free Drink and take the unopened drink back to the room for later or the drive home.:thumbsup:

Katzateer
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
You can use them at any resort. We used ours for eight days in December. Fun to check out the counter service at the other resorts. My favorite was a pomegranate lemonade they had in the soda machine at a few of the resorts - I believe Widerness Lodge and Poly. Wish that was a choice at POP because we loved it!

JerseyDad
01-14-2014, 07:11 PM
....while we're on the topic: Can anyone confirm if the RFID 'sensors' have been installed for the coffee, hot chocolate, and "Peak" Iced tea dispensers?

Dream'nDisney
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Can you use these at the water parks, or do they still have their own refillable cups?

zipadeedoodah
01-15-2014, 02:30 PM
....while we're on the topic: Can anyone confirm if the RFID 'sensors' have been installed for the coffee, hot chocolate, and "Peak" Iced tea dispensers?

I read a blog just yesterday stating that the RFID sensors are only installed on the soda machines, not on the coffee, hot choc and iced tea.