PDA

View Full Version : Part Five - December 12

faline
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Thursday, December 12th is a much cooler day. This day brings us all to Animal Kingdom. Gene & I had a Dinosaur fastpass first thing in the morning. Many of the dinosaurs were not illuminated. We thought someone had forgotten to turn on all the lights. No, we were informed, some of the dinosaurs are not lit because they are being worked on. Hmmmm - seems the ride should have gone down for refurb rather than sending folks through a mostly dark ride. Okay-then.

My brother's family arrives just as we get to Expedition:Everest. We were going to take a standby ride but wait until they get there. We all go through standby. Now Gene & I have fastpasses so, while my brother is purchasing the photo from the first ride, we go through the fastpass line. This should be pretty quick. There is essentially no waiting. We get on the ride. We get to the top where the tracks are pulled away. We should now start moving backwards. This is taking far too long. Something is not right - we should have been moving by now. Then, we hear the ride shut down completely. Oh oh! We're stuck. Text my brother to tell them we're stuck on the ride. Guess it was 5-10 minutes before we heard the ride start up again and we finished our ride. As we exited the ride, not one cast member commented on the ride failure. No-one said they were sorry we were stuck - just exit this way please.

We head to lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue. My brother has picked up a set of fast passes for Expedition:Everest. My sister in law decides not to ride again. She'll come with us to get fast passes for the safari. Sam and my brother will take another go round on Everest. It's time for our Safari fastpasses so Gene and I ride. We then go right back on with the entire family using the regular fast passes we had gotten. After that, we do It's Tough to Be a Bug. Gene & I exit the park. We're going to go back to the resort to change for this evening's dinner.

Also, I've become aware that I've now developed a head cold. Not good!

Later, we take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk over to the Contemporary. We head to the lounge at the Wave to wait for my brother's family. When we've all gathered, we check in for California Grill. Our beeper goes off before we even board the elevator to go up so we are seated immediately. What an absolutely gorgeous sunset this evening! We have a lovely meal with Robb as our server. Quite yummy! Glad California Grill is as good, or better, than ever!!

After dinner, we go back to the Top of the World at Bay LakeTower and, once again watch the fireworks from there. Sam, however, once again is unable to stay awake.

We had talked about going to a water park on Friday the 13th. With my cold, I opt to not do this. Instead, we make plans to go to the Magic Kingdom and to Disney Studios for the Osborn Lights in the evening. After the fireworks, we head to our respective bus stops and head home again.

Ms. Mode
01-02-2014, 01:29 PM
We just missed you! We arrived on the 14th and were in AK on the 15th. We noticed that they seem to have moved some of the dinos to different locations...still a work in progress I guess. :mickey:

yjgirl32
01-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Another great report- thanks for sharing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I love your trip reports! I'm glad it was a cooler day for AK ... even with Dinosaur not quite working. (I'm sure it is a very different ride when you can't see all of the dinosaurs).

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Sorry you got sick, that's a bummer on vacation. Thanks for the report

princessgirls
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Oh no Linda....
Not good news with a nasty head cold brewing:ill:. Sorry!!!

Sounds like a great day spent with Gene and your family!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
01-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the report.