PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation Policy

why4k
01-02-2014, 05:41 AM
Trying to plan a vacation starting the first week of June. Depending on snow days at school, we may have to cancel and try to reschedule. What is the cancellation policy for WDW? How long in advance and will I lose my deposit?

AndrewJackson
01-02-2014, 07:22 AM
You may cancel up to 45 days in advance, and you will be refunded any deposit or payments you have made. This does not include trip insurance, if you choose to purchase.

Between 2 and 44 days, you forfeit your $200 deposit. Also, just an FYI, you have to pay in full by 45 days. So, if you cancel within the 45 day window, you will receive your payment back less the $200 deposit.

Cancel within 1 day, and consider it a donation. ;)

1DisneyNut
01-02-2014, 08:42 AM
If you reschedule for a later date rather than cancel, your entire amount including the $200 deposit will be transferred to the new reservation. You only lose the $200 deposit if you cancel and request a refund.

I had to do this a number of times during the height of the recession when business was unpredictable causing my schedule to change all the time. I rescheduled a trip 4 times for a later date before finally going. I ended up getting a much better deal along the way too because I ended up getting free dining which I didn't originally have.

Strmchsr
01-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Just a caveat to what was mentioned above - if you do a room only reservation, not a package, you can cancel up to 5 days in advance and your deposit if 1 night's lodging, not $200 (which the one night can be more or less then $200 depending on your resort).