PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - January 29-Feb 14, 2014

Strmchsr
01-01-2014, 02:35 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp). Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Wednesday am, January 29, 2014
The high was reached earlier this morning in Orlando. It's currently (at 8:30 am EST) 49 and will continue to fall with off and on showers throughout the day. I'm headed to Magic Kingdom in a second to continue my teaching but not exactly a fun day in the parks. The off and on showers today will transform into a more consistent rain band over night and tomorrow will be pretty wet with a high 51-53. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it were a little lower than that due to the snow and ice just to the north. However, if we make it through tomorrow there is hope. Friday through Tuesday looks mostly dry, only about a 20% chance of pop up showers. Wednesday rain and thunderstorms return. Friday will warm up to 70-72, then around 80 for Saturday through Tuesday. Wednesday's high will be closer to 70 as the rain moves in.

Long range...Rain continues for the morning of Feb 6. Feb 7-8 look dry with highs in the low to mid 70s. Severe weather looks possible for Feb 9. Feb 10-14 stays dry with highs back in the 60s.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
Major icing is causing problems basically from New Orleans and Baton Rouge across to Birmingham and Atlanta and all points south down to the I-10 Corridor. Even in the Florida Panhandle travel is treacherous due to ice and snow. Don't try to travel in any of these areas today. Snow will continue to move up the East Coast and bring further travel issues today and tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tri Minnie
01-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Happy New Year! Thank you for all of the weather forecasts. Hopefully the fact that the marathon is still in voodoo land will mean that the thunderstorms predicted for early that morning will change to dry skies :)

WDWFanatic
01-04-2014, 03:30 PM
UGH. We are heading down on the 13th for a couple of day, but better than the -8 we have at home. :D

Strmchsr
01-04-2014, 04:30 PM
UGH. We are heading down on the 13th for a couple of day, but better than the -8 we have at home. :D

The good news is that, unlike at home, cooler temps at WDW will be short lived. :mickey: And the 13th is still voodooland so take that with a grain of salt for now.

mickclub1955
01-04-2014, 04:39 PM
I get there on Tuesday. Thought I was going to Florida, not Alaska. Was warmer on our Alaskan cruise earlier this year. That is a drastic drop from the forecast I saw yesterday. I am going to have to keep my eye on this. :freeze::freeze::winter:

Melanie
01-04-2014, 05:11 PM
I get there on Tuesday. Thought I was going to Florida, not Alaska. Was warmer on our Alaskan cruise earlier this year. That is a drastic drop from the forecast I saw yesterday. I am going to have to keep my eye on this. :freeze::freeze::winter:

Are you going to join is for our runICOT meets? Everyone is welcome!

mickclub1955
01-04-2014, 08:10 PM
We are in Epcot on the 10th. I see everyone is meeting at Gary's Column at 3. Is that in the UK? My DW and I could possibly stop by for a couple of minutes and meet everyone. I haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone on here. I think that would be great.

VWL Mom
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Chris, thanks for the update! It's looking better for our arrival on the 9th than it did earlier this week. Now I just have to worry about more snow in the NJ forecast.

We are in Epcot on the 10th. I see everyone is meeting at Gary's Column at 3. Is that in the UK? My DW and I could possibly stop by for a couple of minutes and meet everyone. I haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone on here. I think that would be great.

It is in the UK, we're going to try and stop by too!

AgentC
01-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Chris, thanks for the update! It's looking better for our arrival on the 9th than it did earlier this week. Now I just have to worry about more snow in the NJ forecast.

It is in the UK, we're going to try and stop by too!

I hope you do. I'd love to meet you.

Dopey's Girl
01-07-2014, 12:24 PM
So happy about this weather...It's -4 here right now. 70's sounds like heaven!

WDWFanatic
01-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Looking better, now if we could just cancel the rain for Monday ;). It's funny how much it changes day to day Chris, just like you predicted. Thank you so much for updating us every day. It really is appreciated! :thumbsup:

ginger19
01-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Officially stalking this thread now. Our trip is 2/1-2/8. I'm hoping for warm sun at Disney and no storms in New England to keep us from getting there. Thanks for the daily update!