PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in March?

wilcat
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
How is the weather in late March for swimming? The family we are going with have two teens that like to spend their days at the pool. :swim: DH and I will be at the parks as we have never been able to just sit or swim all day when there is so much else going on around us.

Strmchsr
12-31-2013, 10:30 AM
The pools are heated so you can swim year round, but late March is usually plenty warm (80s for the most part). Here in Florida we define winter as "that coolish day that happens around Christmas." :D

marlyn
12-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I think the weather can vary. I was there for 2 weeks in March of 2010. It was too cool to swim. We went to water park for a day and it was too cold to walk around wet. We were ok as long as we didn't get out of the wave pool.

My2Sons
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM
It should be fine. We usually go in February and swim all the time. Once in a while it's too cool, but more often than not it is great. The pools are heated. Plus we are from the northeast, so what seems "cool" to some might be fine for us. We were there once in Feb when it was 50 degrees. Some employees had scarves and gloves and winter coats on. It was adorable! We had literally just outrun a blizzard, so it felt like spring to us. We had zip up sweatshirts on and were just fine. It is whatever you're used to. Have fun!

AgentC
12-31-2013, 08:12 PM
I agree. Our pool is not heated and we are usually a couple of degrees cooler than Orlando. We open our pool in April. Unless there is something unusual in the weather, swimming in a heated pool in March should be fine.

AndrewJackson
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
We go each year during the last week in March. It is usually perfect swimming weather, sunny and around 80. When you first get out of the water, it's a little chilly, but the sun warms you up quickly.

You can always have unseasonable weather. We've experienced this a few times, however it only lasted a couple of days, then warmed back up nicely.

NJGIRL
01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
I have only been to Disney in March once. Yes the pools were heated, but when we were there it was much too cold to be outside wet once you got out. I found the same about being there in November.

I think it all depends on the year and how much tolerance you have to the temperature once you are out of the pool.

I see those hot tubs that they have outside of ski resorts and think those people are crazy. lol

LVT
01-01-2014, 11:13 AM
We do the March spring break a lot. You will have to watch the weather forecast. The day to day temps vary a lot. We usually get at a few days warm enough even for the waterparks (if you are a teen).