PDA

View Full Version : Early Check In

*NikkiJ*
12-31-2013, 08:08 AM
How early is too early? We plan to arrive down at WDW at around 9...is there a chance we can get into the room? If not able to get into the room our magic bands will be activated and can begin using our ddp, correct? Can I do it all through MDE or do I need to go to the resort?

Happy New Year! :party::party:

Mickey'sGirl
12-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Your room may not be available to you when you get there (but it could be) , however, you can still check your bags and get your Magic Bands etc, and start using your park passes or Dining Plan or anything else you have arranged. Have fun!!

Dulcee
12-31-2013, 08:43 AM
We usually check in between 7-8am. We drop our bags at the resort, activate our passes and we're off until we get a text that our room is ready.

Have fun :)

MargaretMessler
12-31-2013, 07:44 PM
Everything will be activated regardless of room availability, but if you're lucky your room might be ready. It all depends on how busy they were the night before. I never get into MCO later than 9am, and have never actually had to wait for room assignment.

If you don't have any do-or-die special requests, do online check in.

spoiledraf
12-31-2013, 09:36 PM
You have a better chance of a room being ready if you do on line check in. We arrived at 9 a few weeks ago and had a room. We changed resorts a few days later and our room was ready at 9:30 so you ha e a good chance, but I belie e you need to do on line check in.

Wayne
12-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Actually, your room availability is totally dependent upon early checkouts on your day of arrival. It probably won't matter if you check in in person or online. If a room is ready when you arrive, then you'll probably get in. If not, just leave your bags and head to the parks.

*NikkiJ*
01-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Getting into the room early isn't a must. But it would be nice since we will have a cooler of stuff that I would prefer to get in a fridge rather than in the car while we are at the park. But I will just get some extra ice for the cooler just to be safe. How far in advance can I do online check in? 24 hours I assume?

Fangorn
01-01-2014, 11:57 AM
You can do on-line check-in starting 10 DAYS before your arrival date.

Steve

Dulcee
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Getting into the room early isn't a must. But it would be nice since we will have a cooler of stuff that I would prefer to get in a fridge rather than in the car while we are at the park. But I will just get some extra ice for the cooler just to be safe. How far in advance can I do online check in? 24 hours I assume?

Online check in can be done at least 10 days in advance, for some reason I'm thinking 30 days is also an option.

Also when you check in if your room isn't ready you can leave your bags with the bell hop. They have cold rooms for keeping coolers/groceries chilled for you while waiting on your room.