PDA

View Full Version : Part Three - December 10

faline
12-29-2013, 04:22 PM
We do not have luncheon reservations for this day. In the morning, I had tried to book a dining reservation at Rose & Crown for 12:15. It would not go through which might have been a good thing. I didn't think about it at the time but had the dining reservation gone through, we would have been hard pressed to keep both that reservation and our fastpass+ appointment for Soarin'. Ultimately, we never used the Soarin' reservation. (We found that we wasted a number of fastpass+ reservations as we ended up not needing them or using them but finding they hadn't been necessary.)

We had to go to Concierge anyway to pick up our tickets for this evening's Hoop De Doo Review. When I asked about the dining reservation system, she told me it didn't go through because the system had been down and had just come back up. She checks dining availability for us. We can get reservations at Teppan Edo but decline. Also, when I had purchased the tickets for Hoop De Doo, I was told it qualified for the Tables in Wonderland discount. I inquire how this will work as we no longer have the credit card used to make the purchase. Now I'm told that the 6:15 show for which we have reservations does not accept Tables in Wonderland - only the earlier and later shows. Did we want to try to rebook to one of the times that qualify for the discount? We decline this as well. We head out to the bus stop.

Gene & I have fastpass+ reservations at Epcot this day. I tried to make our reservations for the morning hours so we can catch up with my brother's family later in the day. My brother's family has headed to Disney Studios this morning as Sam wants to see the car stunt show. He has loved that thing since he first saw it at the age of 2!! Gene & I arrive at Test Track shortly before 9 and realize that it is morning extra magic hour - hadn't really been paying attention as we don't tend to attend. We get into the park about 5 minutes before regular opening and, although, we have a Soarin fastpass+ for later, we decide to check out the current wait time. 10 minutes - Cool. We take our ride now and end up not using the later fastpass+. We do keep our fastpass appointments for Test Track and Spaceship Earth. In between, we manage to ride Mission:Space and Living with the Land as well.

In the past, we've had success with walking up at opening so we try this at Rose & Crown on this day. No dice today - they are not accepting walk-ins at the time we checked. Instead, we decide to head to the wine bar in Italy. There, we each have a tomato and mozzarella with pesto sandwich. Not too much to eat - just enough to hold us over until dinner time. I also have a coffee martini - wasn't too sure how it would be but it was quite yummy - though pricey!!

We did not make a grocery stop on our way to the resort yesterday so decide to do that now. We head back to our resort to pick up the car. In the interim, my brother's family is moving from Disney Studios over to the Magic Kingdom. We find a nearby Publix, pick up the items we want and return to our room. I want to buy more Bath Bombs so we take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail loop around to the Grand Floridian. While Gene listens to the orchestra, I head into Basin and select the items I want. There is a woman in front of me with a basket full of stuff. Now she is looking for a particular soap but can't remember the name of it. One of the women who works there has been wandering around the store. Even though, I have been standing on line for quite some time, she does not offer to check me out. She does manage to tell the woman at the register ahead of me the name of the soap she wants and also that it is not available in the Grand Floridian shop. The woman's items are all checked through the register and now she wants to use a travelers' check to pay for it. Still, the clerk wandering around is ignoring me standing on line. Now others have started to line up behind me. Once the woman fills out the travelers' check the way the store wants it, she is unable to produce a photo ID so they will not take her travelers' check. She leaves all the items behind and says she will return later. Finally, I am waited on and can leave with my items.

Back on the monorail, we text my brother to say we are going to head for the boat dock to take the boat over to Fort Wilderness. He texts back to say they are just coming off a ride and will head to the boat dock as well. They end up being a few families behind us in line to board the boat and we are able to sit together on the boat. On the boat over, my brother makes dining reservations at Hollywood Brown Derby for 5:20 the following evening. My sister-in-law asks if we want to go hang out at her resort after that dinner (I had said I wanted to check out their resort - they are staying at Art of Animation).

At Fort Wilderness, we buy drinks. My sister-in-law and I sit in rockers on the porch while Gene & my brother keep an eye on Sam who is enjoying the Fort Wilderness playground. We decide not to do the family photo so skirt around that and wait in the line we were told to go to. We're led to our table upstairs and all enjoy the show. I had thought Sam was the right age and would enjoy it - he did. The food was quite tasty as well - much better than I remember it being from the last time we attended.

After dinner, we decide to head over to the Poly to watch the fireworks from the beach. We are able to pick up one of the busses they send at the end of the show to bring folks home. The Poly is the first stop. We make our way out to the beach and watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Sam stays awake for that but is asleep by time the fireworks begin. Just as the fireworks are ending, we are able to pick up a boat over to the Magic Kingdom where we each head to our respective bus stops and home for the evening.

Tubby, bed. Another Disney day over.

yjgirl32
12-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Great post- thanks for sharing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Some crazy dining confusion! Glad it all worked out for the best. :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Whew, that system is messing up everything:( Glad you got things worked out. Thanks for the report

Lindsey310
01-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Enjoying your trip reports! :mickey::thumbsup:

princessgirls
01-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Linda,

I can honestly say from all I've read...I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW SYSTEM AT ALL!!! It sounds annoying and frustrating!

Thanks for sharing!
You guys had a great day, in spite of the annoyance of Magic+
Julie:mickey:

vizsla
01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the report.