PDA

View Full Version : One Day Car Rental

FenwayGirl
12-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Anyone have experience with renting a car for one day while at WDW. We need to go and visit a family member....where do I rent one? Approximate prices? Your experience..good and bad...

sassafras
12-27-2013, 07:23 AM
You can get a one day rental at the Car Care Center over by the Magic Kingdom. The front desk should be able to give you the phone number or you can get it online. We usually book ahead before we go or call at least one day in advance while at Disney. If you're staying closer to Downtown Disney, there's a car rental agency at one of the hotels (Hilton?) on Hotel Plaza Blvd and we've used them several times. You can also rent a car at the Dolphin. There's an agency there although they don't offer the pickup and dropoff service the other two do. Hope that helps!

faline
12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Also, I think Hertz is at Shades of Green. As far as costs go, you should look at all of them and keep looking. Car rental costs change all the time.

Lindsey310
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM
I would try to book ahead of time if possible. We picked up a car for one day at the Alamo in WDW and the cost for one day was significantly higher bc we booked the day before. That was a few years back...now we rent for the week ahead of time. :mickey:

42 days!!!! :cloud9:

DisneyFan1979
12-30-2013, 11:13 AM
We've done a 1-day rental from the Dolphin. It was super easy. The car rental company desk is off the lobby and they deliver your rental to the front entrance just like valet. It was two years ago, so I can't recall what company but I believe it was Alamo/National or Hertz. Be sure to book ahead as it will save you time and money!