PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Fave?

monkeycity
12-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Howdy to all my fellow Intercotees! :rocks: I have been on a long hiatus from here, but now I'm back, from outer space...You just walked in to find me sitting here with...wait, where was I?

Oh yeah: So, to jump back in, I thought I'd ask an opinion question. One of my favorite animatronic characters is Trixie, the large wine-holding singing bear in CBJ. It may be a nostalgia thing for my childhood :old:, but I was in love with her then and now. And I always wonder about the liquid in her glass. Is it sealed? Or do they refresh her glass every night? Hmm...

So which animatronic figure is your favorite? Try to just name one specific one instead of a group of them.

Tears will be the chaser for your wine...

GO!

MickeysBestPal
12-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Wicked Witch of the West, Great Movie Ride.

Main Street Jim
12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah: So, to jump back in, I thought I'd ask an opinion question. One of my favorite animatronic characters is Trixie, the large wine-holding singing bear in CBJ. It may be a nostalgia thing for my childhood :old:, but I was in love with her then and now. And I always wonder about the liquid in her glass. Is it sealed? Or do they refresh her glass every night? Hmm... From a former CBJ Cast Member: it's "sealed" :)

Interesting note on Trixie: did you know that Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe' is a "spare" Trixie? Instead of coming up with a completely new animatronic for Sonny, the Imagineers had to save money. So they used a "spare" that was just sitting around Central Shops :)

So which animatronic figure is your favorite? Try to just name one specific one instead of a group of them.I don't know that I could just name *one*.

The alien in "Alien Encounter" was pretty amazing.

Anything in CoP :)

The redhead. :blush:

Jack Sparrow is pretty awesome.

All of the Presidents in HoP.

American Adventure's Ben Franklin, as he "walks".

Too many to name just one :)

Ian
12-27-2013, 11:40 AM
The yeti!

No I kid really ... lol :thedolls:

For me it's definitely the Abe Lincoln animatronic in Hall of Presidents. He was so advanced for his day and he really represents the dawn of audio-animatronic development by Disney (a la Great Moments With Mr Lincoln).

Melanie
12-27-2013, 11:47 AM
The yeti!

No I kid really ... lol :thedolls:

For me it's definitely the Abe Lincoln animatronic in Hall of Presidents. He was so advanced for his day and he really represents the dawn of audio-animatronic development by Disney (a la Great Moments With Mr Lincoln).

I do believe the current Lincoln in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is again the most advanced AA. He's incredible.

I also will say the Wicked Witch in the a Great Movie Ride.

#1donaldfan
12-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Lucky the dinosaur !! When I was lucky enough to see him !! I wish he'd come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Gator
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
This is easy. C-3PO!!! As a longtime StarWars/George Lucas fan, for a character to come to life and even pilot my Star Speeder, that's just too cool.

Arielfan98
12-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Tarzan is pretty wild...

ransam
12-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Br'er Rabbit from splash mountain. Mainly cause I loved the movie

finaldynasty
12-28-2013, 10:00 AM
President Obama in the Hall....it's the most advanced of all the them...I love the other choices...great question..

marlyn
12-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Captain Sparrow for sure!!

Drink up me hearties, yo ho

polarbear72834
12-28-2013, 01:19 PM
The Dad on the Carousel of Progress. One of my very favorite rides.

tiggerbuddy
12-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Big Al...Country Bears

Scar
12-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean... but of anyone (that I don't know personally,) George Washington is by far the greatest person to ever live. So I'll say him in both HoP and The AA.

snowflakegirl
12-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Not necessarily the most advanced or most impressive, but my favorite is Sonny Eclipse for the nostalgia. I have such fnd memories of having meals with him as a child and what a kick we got out of him (particularly my dad in my memories...and in fact I'm pretty sure he still loves Sonny) that he is still a favorite and I make a point of having a meal with Sonny every trip.

Main Street Jim
12-28-2013, 11:17 PM
My favorite is Sonny Eclipse for the nostalgia.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

See my post above on how Sonny came to be. :)

stephicakes
12-29-2013, 07:53 AM
I'll go with the "unknown Egyptian" pounding papyrus on Spaceship Earth. For some reason going around that bend really starts the ride for me. LOVE that ride! :thumbsup:

Actually all the animatronics are fun to watch on SE...

steph
:)

sorcerer fan
12-29-2013, 10:04 AM
the old robot that used to be voiced by robin Williams in the old circle vision move in MK

Simba's Mom
12-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Lucky the dinosaur !! When I was lucky enough to see him !! I wish he'd come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:
Yes, he was so amazing-and realistic! Besides him, my other favorite was the previously mentioned Timekeeper from the now defunct attraction where Buzz Lightyear is. The voice was Robin Williams. For now, I like the drunken man with the hairy legs that sits above the boat in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Main Street Jim
12-29-2013, 12:51 PM
My other favorite was the previously mentioned Timekeeper from the now defunct attraction where Buzz Lightyear is. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is where TimeKeeper used to be. Buzz Lightyear inhabits the old "If You Had Wings/DreamFlight" attraction building.

BrerGnat
12-29-2013, 01:07 PM
This is a good question! I will say my favorite are the tiki birds. Just so classic.

Giggy
12-29-2013, 01:12 PM
When I was little I was a bit scared of the animal heads on the wall of country bear jamboree. Things like that creeped me out.

I will have to think a bit longer to decide my favourite anamatronic but these probably deserve an honorary mention for the jokes about it within the family since then.:blush:

Main Street Jim
12-29-2013, 01:33 PM
When I was little I was a bit scared of the animal heads on the wall of country bear jamboree. Things like that creeped me out.Max the deer; Melvin the moose; and Buff the buffalo :)

Looks like quite a few CBJ fans here on Intercot :)

MNNHFLTX
12-29-2013, 01:44 PM
My favorite has always been the sleeping monk on Spaceship Earth. I love to watch for his chest/back to rise and fall as he breathes!

See my post above on how Sonny came to be. :)
I had also heard that many of the other audio-animatronics on Spaceship Earth were recycled presidents from HOP.

Ian
12-29-2013, 01:44 PM
The Dad on the Carousel of Progress. One of my very favorite rides.Speaking of re-used audio-animatronics (as Main Street Jim was earlier), I'm almost certain that one of the minstrels in the Renaissance segment of Spaceship Earth is a recycled Dad from CoP.

He looks just like him.

Giggy
12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Max the deer; Melvin the moose; and Buff the buffalo :)

Looks like quite a few CBJ fans here on Intercot :)

Yeah, those guys. I wasn't even that young (about 8) but at the end of the show I was a bit nervous walking under them. I am 24 now and my family still think it is funny. :secret:

SurferStitch
12-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Definitely Stitch! I love how his ears and back spikes move, and how he squints.

MissMaryPoppins
12-29-2013, 10:27 PM
There's a pirate in pirates of the caribbean with his hairy leg dangling off a bridge. That's my favorite one. Years ago on resort TV they did an overview of the rides and they showed the leg with a voice over saying "see the hairy leg!". It's always fascinated me for some reason.

why4k
01-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Brer Rabbit from my favorite ride

EJS-Houston
01-03-2014, 11:39 AM
There's a pirate in pirates of the caribbean with his hairy leg dangling off a bridge. That's my favorite one. Years ago on resort TV they did an overview of the rides and they showed the leg with a voice over saying "see the hairy leg!". It's always fascinated me for some reason.

Same for me! I still marvel at the detail whenever I ride Pirates of the Caribbean.

cer
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
This is a good question! I will say my favorite are the tiki birds. Just so classic.

I was having a hard time thinking of my favorite when I came across Natalie's post.

My favorite are the tiki gods in the tiki room. They are so simple, funny and the way the show is designed, their singing and participation is a delightful surprise. I always look forward to their part of the show. :tikki:

Tearin_it_up
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I like the security droid in the Star Tours line up that looks like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit, he is awesome

azcavalier
01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Definitely Stitch! I love how his ears and back spikes move, and how he squints.

Amen! I always defend that attraction from the haters on here simply because he is the most amazing AA in the parks. Well, the most amazing one that works (Yeti, RIP).