PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands??

paragon
12-26-2013, 10:51 AM
We are cruising on the fantasy in April. Can't wait.
I was just wondering, do they use MagicBands on the ships as well?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
I've heard that they are now being used in the Kids' Clubs, but I'm not sure if they have replaced cards throughout the ships.

It would be awesome! I found the card more cumbersome on the cruise than I did at the resort, not sure why, but I never seemed to have anywhere to put it!

Kenny1113
12-27-2013, 04:14 PM
I agree! I think it would be great on the ships. I also find the card more on an incovience on the ship than resort.
In my letter to disney regard magicbands and FP+ I suggested they implement then on the ships. Hopefully they listen. :)

Donald_Quackers
12-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Only the Magic has magicbands on ship used for the kids clubs.

I don't have a problem with the cards, as the Magic, Fantasy, and Dream have RFID door locks, so you don't really need to remove them from the lanyard (that is, if you don't have a problem wearing a lanyard).

It would be nice to be able to use the same Magicbands for the ships as you do for the parks, but I wouldn't see any point for Fastpass (plus or otherwise).

My BIL works for DCL shoreside, but doesn't know when the magicbands for the kids will be expanding. The smartphone/tablet app will be on all ships probably by mid-2014 from what I understand.