PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Mid-May lately?

WDW&MK
12-22-2013, 04:20 PM
We used to go end of April beginning of May and the crowds were always pretty low. We have never been there in mid-May. Now that there is both Star Wars weekends and Flower and Garden show, how are the crowds in mid-May the last few years? How about the weather - is there much rain?
Thanks!
Kari

Strmchsr
12-22-2013, 05:01 PM
I've been mid-May the last 4 years. Crowds are nuts on the weekends and moderate during the week. Definitely bearable, but not low either. As for weather, 3 of the 4 years there hasn't been much rain but temps have run low to mid 90s. It's been quite hot and humid. One of the years, though, it was cloudy and off and on rain all week and highs stayed in the upper 70s to low 80s.

Mrs Bus Driver
12-23-2013, 04:24 PM
According to a crowd calender that I have access to weekdays are great, 2 to 4 out of possible 10 (10 being most crowded) for all parks. Weekends are 5, 6 for MK and 6 to 8 for EPOCT. With DHS being great on ride lines and busy for Star wars stuff. Ak so low it doesn't count, hope this helps :mickey:

Strmchsr
12-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking the crowd calendars need to be updated. They seem to fit crowds of 4-5 years ago, but not the increased crowds of the last couple of years. For instance, a couple of the really popular crowd calendars had the first week of October as 2 or 3/10 and I can personally attest that the actual wait times fit their definition of 7 or 8.

WDW&MK
12-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the info! I am a little spoiled going just after Labor Day. Although, the last 2 years or so it has been a lot busier than it was a few years ago. We can't go at that time next year, so mid-May might be the time! I do miss how there used to be some really slow times. I guess the discounts have done their job.