PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year old DD and kid's menus

Bruegge
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
DD 10 would do much better if she could order off the kid's menu.

I don't want to lie... especially in front of her at every meal.

I'm buying her adult theme park tickets but with several Signature Restaurants on the planning block I don't see her enjoying fine dining fare just yet.

Has anyone been refused kids menu access because your child was 10 instead of 9?

Anyone "Hear" of such stories...

Thanks again everyone.. as usual you are all huge helpers in my Disneyworld planning.
Scott

cer
12-20-2013, 01:37 PM
I have not heard of anyone being denied ordering off the kids menu.

Goes4FastPass
12-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I can't imagine you being refused to order for her from the kids menu at Signature Restaurants.

I would assume, however, at one price meals like buffets, oHana and GGrill that they would charge you the adult price for a 10 YO.

On the other hand, my wife almost always buys kids meals for herself at WDW parks. It's the right amount of food for her and a better price.

yjgirl32
12-20-2013, 03:24 PM
A couple years back I was allowed to order off the kids menu at Cinderella's castle- just gave me bigger portions.

Pirate Granny
12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
If you get the dining plan, you have to pay for the adult pricing, but can order a child's meal...not very practical though.

sorcerer fan
12-20-2013, 05:47 PM
just got back from the world and I have trouble eating a lot of food. I asked at all dining places we went and asked to have kid meals and was never refused they were glad to do it. Even did it at planet holllywood.:)

Kairi_7378
12-21-2013, 09:05 AM
My coworker took his family to WDW last year and was on the DDP. His wife and 11-year-old son are very picky eaters. They would pay OOP for chicken nuggets kids' meals for the wife and son and would save the credits for Signature venues. (This was done at the suggestion of a cast member, so that they could use their credits more effectively.) Perhaps you can use this approach at the Signature venues.

NJGIRL
01-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't think that you will have a problem either. They are very flexible when it comes to kids. You don't have to lie, just ask for a kids menu, I doubt if you will be questioned.

VWL Mom
01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
My son had some issues with food and they always let him order off the child's menu. I would always ask about the size of the portion though and sometimes the would offer and adult size portion of the kid's menu.

Just an aside, if you are doing signature dining they are very good about serving the meat (or fish) plain and leaving off things she may not care for. Many times I am able to get an alternate potato/vegetable for him too.

Dulcee
01-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Just ask for a kids menu, you won't encounter any problems or questions of age. Enjoy your trip:)